At ICON, we have an incredible opportunity for a Medical Writing Manager to join our growing team in either the US or UK
- Management of the day-to-day activities of the Medical Writing Department
- To provide a medical writing service to the Clinical Research Department and external clients
- Write clinical trial reports and other regulatory documents
- Provide additional writing and editing services as required (e.g. for publications)
- To supervise and provide general assistance to the medical writing team
- To organize and maintain the medical writing work schedule
- To assign suitably experienced medical writers to projects
- To liaise with sponsors, clinical project managers, and new business personnel with regard to the availability of medical writing resources and the establishment of project timelines
- To obtain project progress reports from the senior medical writers and use this information to ensure the maintenance of document quality and project timelines
- To review documents prepared by the medical writing team
- To liaise with clinical project managers, Data Management, Biostatistics, and QA to ensure the maintenance of document quality and project timelines
- To keep the medical writing senior management informed, when required, of the status of medical writing projects and, in particular, any issues that affect document quality
- To provide new business cost estimates when required, and to support Business Development in new business acquisitions for medical writing projects
- To manage the administrative requirements of the Medical Writing Department
- To provide ongoing training to the medical writing team
Why join us?
Other than working with an outstanding team of ambitious people, we also offer a very competitive benefits package. This varies from country to country so a dedicated recruiter will discuss this with you at interview stage.
We care about our people, as they are the key to our success. We provide an open and friendly work environment where we empower people and provide them with opportunities to develop their long-term career.
Ongoing development is vital to us, and as a Medical Writing Manager, you will have the opportunity to progress your career, with the potential to move into other related areas to improve your skillset. Our benefits package is competitive, our scope is international and we sincerely care about our people and their success.
EOE race/colour/religion/sex/sexual orientation/gender identity/disability/vet/national origin