95%! This is the percentage of our associates that feel inspired to deliver on our core purpose that 'nobody should have to wait for an extra-ordinary life'
You will plan and lead Category initiatives for a clearly defined sub-category globally OR one category regionally OR all categories in one country OR multiple cross-divisional categories in one country; to develop the sub-category strategy as part of the wider Category Strategy; to lead proactive sourcing projects, specification definition and demand management, as well as manage sub-category-specific supplier performance and innovation activities.
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Translates global divisional category strategy into global, divisional, sub category strategy OR translates regional procurement strategy into country strategy and local implementation.
• Lead the implementation of sourcing plans for the sub-category and deliver sub-category savings targets following engagement in the target setting process.
• Provide input into the overall Category or sub-category strategy about segmentation and identification of key supplier relationships, and lead business planning activities and ensure these projects are staffed and executed on a timely basis in line with the targeted goals.
• Manage strategic sub-category supplier relationships, and implement consistent key performance indicators for the sub-category, ensuring that any supplier performance risks and issues are resolved on a timely basis to end-user satisfaction.
• Collect supplier information and feedback from Divisions, countries, sites, Category teams and Business Partners, and deliver Procurement Balanced Scorecard metrics for the relevant sub-category.
What you'll bring to the role:
• Strategy development technical knowledge experience
• Working cross-functionally and trans-nationally
• Strong negotiation and analytical skills
• Strong customer orientation
• University/Advanced degree is required/Master's Degree/other advanced degree in the Finance, Economics or Pharmaceutical sciences preferred.
Competitive salary, Annual bonus, Pension scheme, Share scheme, Health insurance, 25 days annual leave, Flexible working arrangements, subsidized dining facilities, Employee recognition scheme, learning and development opportunities.
Why consider Novartis?
799 million. That's how many lives our products touched in 2019. And while we're proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people's lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you're given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you're empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you're surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world's toughest medical challenges.
Imagine what you could do at Novartis!
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Novartis embraces diversity, equal opportunity and inclusion. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration, and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
Novartis are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons
Join our Novartis Network: If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to learn more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network
Novartis Ireland Ltd. has been certified as a Top Employer 2020 by the Top Employers Institute for its exceptional employee offerings!
#LI-NOV = Novartis