Associate Metrologist/Metrologist (Lab Equipment Calibration & Maintenance)
We are vital links between an idea for a new medicine and the people who need it. We are the people of PPD — thousands of employees in locations worldwide connected by tenacity and passion for our purpose: to improve health. You will be joining a truly collaborative and winning culture as we strive to bend the time and cost curve of delivering life-saving therapies to patients.
Our GMP laboratory based in Athlone, Ireland offers fully integrated solutions for product development and analytical development, including analytical testing services in method development, method validation, method transfer, release and stability studies. Our highly qualified GMP lab staff work across our 3 laboratory groups: Biopharm, Small Molecule, and Inhalation.
The role of Associate Metrologist is to support qualification, maintenance, repairs and calibration of a range of laboratory testing equipment such as dissolution apparatus, particle counting apparatus, HPLC, UPLC. Experience in cell lab equipment such as incubators, autoclaves and safety hoods would be a plus. Key responsibilities
Coordinates and performs calibration and maintenance activities on a range of analytical equipment per PPD procedures. Coordinates and performs equipment qualifications, executing IQ/OQ/PQ activities. Tracks and maintains equipment schedule per PPD procedures. Reviews and updates equipment SOP's. Troubleshooting equipment repair. Performs work assignments accurately, and in a timely and safe manner. Works on problems of moderate scope where analysis of situations or data requires a review of a variety of factors. Coordinate and prioritize project activities with internal functional groups analytical labs. Qualifications: Education and Experience
We have a strong will to win - We earn our customer's trust - We are gamechangers - We do the right thing -We are one PPD -
- Degree or equivalent in Engineering or science, GMP knowledge and understanding of FDA, ICH, and USP guidelines
- Analytical equipment experience is a must. Experience in running/maintaining/calibrating a range of analytical equipment including HPLC/UPLC/Dissolution apparatus/ particle counting apparatus. Experience in cell lab equipment is a plus.
- Ability to utilize Microsoft Excel and Word to perform tasks
- Proven ability in technical writing skills
- Proven problem solving and troubleshooting abilities
- Time management and project management skills
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work in a collaborative work environment with a team as well as working off own initiative.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment requiring frequent changes in priorities.
- Ability to train/mentor junior staff.
If you resonate with our five principles above, and ultimately wish to accelerate the delivery of safe and effective therapeutics for some of the world's most urgent health needs, then please submit your application - we'd love to hear from you. 1
As we are likely to receive many applications, sometimes we are unable to provide feedback to everyone.