At AstraZeneca, we believe in the potential of our people and we'll develop each individual beyond what they thought possible. We make the most of your skills and passion by actively supporting to see what you can achieve no matter where you start with us. As a Solution Architect playing a pivotal role in developing our data and analytics capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients' lives!
Luton is home to our UK Marketing Company (UKMC), responsible for the marketing of our medicines in the UK. Here colleagues from AstraZeneca's corporate functions and our European and International regions' sales and marketing teams sit. As a member of the Association of the British Pharmaceutical Industry (ABPI), all of our sales, marketing and communications activities are subject to the ABPI Code of Practice. If encouraged by the possibilities of science to make a difference and ready to discover what can be done personally - join us!
As a Solution Architect and leading figure in the development of our Data and Analytics function, based in UKMC, accountable for delivering data solutions, and development of the BI technical strategy and roadmap, to meet growing business expectation to deliver better insights from Data.
Capable data pipeline builder and data wrangler who enjoys optimising data systems and building them from the ground up. Supporting our data engineers, data analysts and data scientists and will ensure efficient data delivery architecture is consistent throughout ongoing projects. As a self-sufficient individual, comfortable supporting the data needs of multiple stakeholders, systems and products.
Architect End to End BI, Data Science and Analytics solutions
Develop a Business Intelligence and data engineering technical strategy and roadmap, partnering with business and D&A leaders.
Devise Governance and Data Quality Management strategies
Actively identifying areas for innovation, develop a business case in alignment with BI and Data Leadership team and demonstrate value through prototyping and delivery of solutions.
Supervise external innovation and advise and guide on investments / vendors / partnerships
Responsible for developing skills and raise awareness across UKMC on new advancements in the aforementioned domains.
Support the delivery of the strategy by advising BI projects implementing solutions on standard methodology and technology application, and the oversight/delivery of enabling BI platform capability.
Collaborate closely with global architects on data and technology architectures/ investments.
As needed, hands on delivery of BI solutions within projects.
Lead methodology, best practices, tooling, documentation and overall continuous evolution of capabilities.
Lead a distributed team of Data professionals spread across multiple time zones.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- Strong BI and Data Architecture experience including strategy definition and execution.
- Experience of a range of Analytics architectures.
- Sophisticated solid understanding and experience working with relational databases, query authoring as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases, particularly Oracle.
- Sophisticated knowledge of ETL and ELT concepts, principles and implementations: (SnapLogic/Informatica)
- Experience with object-oriented/object function scripting languages: Python / Java
- Specialist in Business Intelligence, Data analysis and design of KPI/Measures/Metrics
- Advanced knowledge of Data and information Management and Data Engineering
- Experience of Master Data Management and Metadata management
- Experience supporting and working with multi-functional teams in a dynamic environment.
Behaviour and skills
- Mental Agility: critical and fast problem solver, comfortable with complexity and making connections that are understandable for others - Breadth and Depth of thinking - Problem solving.
- Flexibility: Learner mentality; proven ability to try new things and be successful in different environment.
- Entrepreneurship: Comfortable with ambiguity and unpredictability. Forward looking.
- Self-Awareness: Has personal insight and effectively communicates.
- Impact and Influence: strong drive for results - Ability to lead change. Challenge status quo - Ability to impact and influence different senior stakeholders and add value.
Apply today to part of something outstanding....
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all you for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.