At AstraZeneca, we believe in the potential of our people and we'll develop you beyond what you thought possible. We make the most of your skills and passion by actively supporting you to see what can be achieved no matter where you start with us. The IT Data Engineer plays a pivotal role in channelling our data and analytics capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients' lives!
Luton is home to our UK Marketing Company (UKMC), responsible for the marketing of our medicines in the UK. Here colleagues from AstraZeneca's corporate functions and our European and International regions' sales and marketing teams sit. As a member of the Association of the British Pharmaceutical Industry (ABPI), all of our sales, marketing and communications activities are subject to the ABPI Code of Practice. If you're encouraged by the possibilities of science to make a difference and ready to discover what can be done personally - join us!
As an IT Data Engineer based in UKMC, you will be responsible for growing and optimising data and data pipeline architectures, as well as optimising data flow and collection for multi-functional teams. You'll be a capable data pipeline builder and data wrangler who enjoys optimising data systems and building them from the ground up. Supporting our architect, data teams and will ensure efficient data delivery architecture is consistent throughout ongoing projects. You will need to be self-sufficient and comfortable supporting the data needs of multiple stakeholders, systems and products.
- Build and maintain efficient data pipeline architecture
- Build the infrastructure required for efficient extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimising data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Work with stakeholders across UKMC to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
- Build data tools for data analysts and data scientists
- Work with data and analytics experts to strive for greater functionality in our data systems.
- Liaise with, and help manage the workload for, offshore data engineering resources
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of experience in a Data Engineer role
- Sophisticated knowledge of data integration and management tools: Informatica / SnapLogic
- Sophisticated proven understanding and experience working with relational databases, query authoring as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases, particularly Oracle.
- Experience building and optimising 'big data' data pipelines, architectures and data sets.
- Experience with object-oriented/object function scripting languages: Python / Java
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Experience with AWS cloud services: S3, EC2, EMR, RDS, Redshift, Athena, Glue
- Experience with big data tools: Hadoop, Spark
- Experience with Pharmaceutical industry data sets
- Experience with Data Privacy and working in a regulated environment
- Leveraging blended onshore and offshore delivery models
- Agile delivery methodologies
Apply today to part of something outstanding....
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all you for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.