Are you a data expert, with a passion for making sense of complex requirements and designing innovative data solutions? Would you like to apply your expertise in the rapidly growing area of Digital Health in a company that follows the science and turns ideas into life changing medicines? Does the idea of building a high performing data analysis team feel exciting? If so, then AstraZeneca might be the perfect organisation!
At AstraZeneca, we put patients first and strive to meet their unmet needs worldwide. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. If being swift to action, confident to lead, willing to collaborate, and curious about what science can do, resonate, this could be a great match.
Digital Health, the point at which healthcare, technology, data and analytics converge is an area of phenomenal promise with the potential to improve the health of everyone. The Digital
Health R&D area of AstraZeneca has the goal of improving patient experience and outcomes and shortening the time it takes to bring life-changing medicines to patients, and will achieve this via three strategic priorities: transforming how we work, redefining digital health and reimagining healthcare (See link for more info).
Joining R&D IT - an outstanding organization at the forefront of the technology revolution in healthcare. It provides the technology, engineering, data and analytics expertise which delivers the Data Platform underpinning AstraZeneca's Digital Health strategy. The ambition for this Platform is huge. We are looking for data, technology and change experts to join R&D IT that will ensure this ambition is met.
Responsible for overall ownership for the quality and effectiveness of data analysis within the Digital Health R&D Data Platform. The role will contribute to the success of the function through being an influential member of the Data Platform leadership team, line management of a team of Data Analysts, and by performing hands on data analysis in support of our biggest, complex and most exciting opportunities.
Work with consumers and business users to understand data requirements, translating complex, unstructured needs into clear, creative and pragmatic data designs and solutions that allow us to quickly unlock the value in AZ's data.
Profile data to understand quality, provenance, ownership, metadata, reference and master data, and compliance to internal and external standards, and communicate this to Architects,
Data Engineers and Data Scientists for use in analytics projects.
Wrangle data (sourcing, extraction, profiling, integration) to support Data Science model generation, data solution development and business insight.
Raise the quality and business impact of data analysis through development and roll-out of best practice, provision of training and coaching, and understanding external innovations and application to AZ. Encourage collaboration across Digital Health R&D and AZ, leading community forums supporting capability development.
Provide leadership, coaching and supervision to more junior Data Analysts - ensuring quality outputs, support in trouble shooting challenges, and development of the required behaviours and soft skills. Essential for the role
Desirable for the role
- 6+ years' experience in a data analyst or business role aligned to data and information management with practical examples of performing data analysis and influencing solutions, in terms of defining requirements, gleaning critical data elements, defining data quality criteria and checkpoints.
- Undergraduate degree in a Computer Science, Data Management or Science discipline and cross-trained.
- Life Sciences / Clinical data understanding: the structure, provenance and meaning of the source data crucial to the domain. Understanding of the business processes in the generation and consumption of data
- Leading others in the delivery of data analysis activities, ideally line management team leadership, and examples of improving an organisations data analysis capability.
- Experience in translating requirements into fit for purpose data models, data processing designs and data profile reports. Experience in the use of data modelling approaches and technologies
- Experience in working in multi-skilled, multi-location data teams, working to agile principles.
- Post-graduate degree in IT, Data Management
- Experience in life sciences and healthcare
- Experience in line management
Why AstraZeneca and why IT?
At AstraZeneca, patients are at the heart of everything we do. We are a global company that pushes the boundaries of science, we all share a big purpose: to discover and develop life-changing medicines that save lives. In IT we make a direct impact on that purpose -enabling the entire business to perform at its peak. Combining ground breaking science with leading digital technology platforms and our own data sets. Ours is a place to innovate, take ownership and run with it -with countless opportunities to learn and grow your career. An opportunity to craft your path, but there's support all the way. It's a dynamic and results-oriented environment to work in and that's why we like it. Trusted to explore and to find new solutions. But most of all we respect the collective -diverse minds that move at pace and collaborate openly. Here IT has the power to innovate, redefine an industry and change lives. That's why we're proud to work here!
Already imagining joining our team? Good, because we can't wait to hear.