At PPD, we help our client delivers life-changing therapies that address the world's most challenging health concerns. Due to continued growth we are looking to expand our team across all areas of our GMP facility. We hire the best, develop ourselves and each other, and recognize the power of being one team!
Our GMP laboratory based in Athlone, Ireland offers fully integrated solutions for product development and analytical development, including analytical testing services in method development, method validation, method transfer, release and stability studies. Our highly qualified GMP lab staff work across our 3 laboratory groups: Biopharm, Small Molecule, and Inhalation.
Athlone is one of PPD's fastest-growing laboratory locations. Due to this continued expansion, we are recruiting Senior Analytical Chemists
to join our Small Molecule group. Senior Analytical chemist -
The role of Senior Analytical chemist is to perform complex laboratory analysis of pharmaceutical products and proficiently uses analytical instrumentation, calculates and analyses data and records data. Routinely acts as the project leader on multiple projects, interacts with clients, reviews and evaluates data, writes reports and protocols. Responsible for the scientific conduct of the project and communication of regulatory issues with senior level team members. Key responsibilities:
Qualifications: Key Experience
- Independently performs method validations, method transfers and analytical testing of pharmaceutical compounds in a variety of formulations.
- Designs and executes experiments with minimal supervision.
- Prepares study protocols, project status reports, final study reports and other project-related technical documents.
- Communicates data and technical issues to the client and responds to client needs
- Mentors, trains and coordinates laboratory activities of other team members and assists in troubleshooting instrument and analytical problems.
- Assists in designing method validation or method transfer protocols and establish project timelines.
- Reviews data for technical, quality and compliance to protocols, methods, SOPs, client criteria and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) or Good Laboratory Practices (GLP).
- Education to a Bachelors or higher level in related subjects ie; Chemistry.
- 5+ years' relevant industry experience within a GMP laboratory (with experience in the following lab testing areas HPLC, GC, MS, Dissolution testing, Karl Fischer, UV-vis, FT-IR, TOC.
- Experience in Method Validation, Method Transfer and Analytical testing.
The successful candidate can look forward to job stability with a leading CRO that has experienced year-on-year growth. With future expansion plans, there is the opportunity to progress in your career with PPD at our Athlone labs.
- Detailed knowledge of method validation; method development would be an advantage.
- The ability to plan, schedule and carry out work for successful project completion
- A positive attitude and ability to work well with others
- Excellent attention to detail