Senior Programmer Analyst (Level I or II) - EMEA - flexible location
We are vital links between an idea for a new medicine and the people who need it. We are the people of PPD — thousands of employees in locations worldwide connected by tenacity and passion for our purpose: to improve health . You will be joining a truly collaborative and winning culture as we strive to bend the time and cost curve of delivering life-saving therapies to patients.
Our Biostatistics & Programming department are passionate about being data and technically agile, and driving enhanced value for our clients and patients. Determined to improve patient health, we help PPD provide industry-leading statistical, programming and clinical pharmacology contributions through global delivery, consistent quality adherence and scientific insight.
We are currently recruiting for an experienced Senior Programmer I/II to join our Biostatistics & Programming department in EMEA, working from home or at one of our offices in the UK or mainland Europe.
As a Sr Programmer you will p erform advanc ed bioinformatics programming activities for the statistical and computational considerations of research projects. Working independently in a lead programmer or project lead role on complex studies and providing training and guidance to junior team members. Responsibilities include:
Qualifications:Education, Experience and Skills required:
- Act as the lead programmer or project lead on studies of significant complexity, working directly with project team leaders and client representatives to conduct team meetings, develop and maintain project timelines, assess and forecast resources, and monitor study budgets.
- Assume leadership responsibility as a contributing member of a multidisciplinary project team, communicating actively and frequently with other team members and ensuring adherence to working practice documents and SOPs.
- Independently creates, executes, maintains, and validates programs that transfer data across multiple data management systems or operating systems, combines data from a variety of sources and structures, generates and stores summary data from a variety of sources, generates reports or combines multiple databases and validates programs that generate listings, tables and figures using SAS.
- Manages and documents assignments to meet timelines and deliver high quality work, being familiar with any relevant contractual obligations or limits.
- Increases knowledge base and professional skills in areas including programming, technology and techniques, clinical trials, and the pharmaceutical industry.
- Provides training, guidance, and project leadership to junior team members.
- May provide general infrastructure support to the Department, including representing the company at industry conferences, presenting/teaching at department meetings, assisting in establishing training materials etc.
- Provides input into bidding process as requested.
- MS/MA degree in computer science, statistics, biostatistics, mathematics or related field and 4-5+ years of experience
- In-depth understanding of SAS and, ideally, one other programming language
- In-depth understanding of relational data base structure and complex data systems
- Capable of effectively capturing biostatistical metrics
- Capable of providing quality control review for statistical programming and identifying solutions and process improvements
- Capable of independently and effectively organizing and managing multiple assignments with challenging timelines
- Solid project management skills to act as project lead across the most challenging and complex projects
- Demonstrated leadership, initiative and motivation
- Capable of training and mentoring others
- Fluent in English
If you have the required skills and experience then please apply, alternatively contact Adam Davis, Senior Recruiter, on firstname.lastname@example.org for more information
At PPD we hire the best, develop ourselves and each other, and recognise the power of being one team. We understand that you will want to grow both professionally and personally throughout your career, and therefore at PPD you will benefit from an award-winning learning and development programme , ensuring you reach your potential.
As well as being rewarded a competitive salary, we have an extensive benefits package based around the health and well-being of our employees. We have a flexible working culture , where PPD truly value a work-life balance. We've grown sustainably year on year but continue to offer a collaborative environment, with teams of colleagues eager to share expertise and have fun together. We are a global organisation but with a local feel.
- We have a strong will to win - We earn our customer's trust - We are gamechangers - We do the right thing -We are one PPD -
If you resonate with our five principles above, and ultimately wish to accelerate the delivery of safe and effective therapeutics for some of the world's most urgent health needs, then please submit your application - we'd love to hear from you.