Senior/ Principal Optimization Specialist - EMEA
We are vital links between an idea for a new medicine and the people who need it. We are the people of PPD — thousands of employees in locations worldwide connected by tenacity and passion for our purpose: to improve health. You will be joining a truly collaborative and winning culture as we strive to bend the time and cost curve of delivering life-saving therapies to patients.
Our goal-driven teams combine and deliver startup activities for the clinical trials, collaborating to improve processes, cycle and flexibility. We partner with our sites, businesses and colleagues around the world to decrease startup timelines and exceed expectations.
The Senior (or Principal) Optimization Specialist is part of our Process and Systems Optimization team within the Site and Patient Access division at PPD. This role serves as subject matter expert to design, develop, deliver and improve products, programs, and services in order to optimize processes, behaviors, performance and audit readiness. Accountable for assigned initiatives aimed at supporting and/or ensuring quality operational delivery via efficient and effective processes, associated systems, training and communications
- Interprets data on complex Site and Patient Access (SPA) issues, leads teams and makes good business decisions with support.
- Proactively collaborates with SPA management to prepare, organize, coordinate, document and provide the development and delivery of department products and services to a globally dispersed, cross-functional audience in support of business outcomes and industry compliance requirements.
- Develops varied support materials, presentations, and tools to support department's remit and strategies.
- Proactively collaborates with initiative leads and SPA management to develop, optimize and improve processes, associated systems / applications, training and communications.
- Leads small to medium-scale process improvement initiatives.
- Develops process improvement processes and solutions.
- Identifies and collates information required to assess compliance with processes and to prioritize business process improvement needs.
- May review, assess and update procedural documents for overall compliance with current processes.
- Performs special projects, assignments and administrative tasks per business needs.
- Provides training and guidance to junior team members
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent and relevant formal academic / vocational qualification
- Previous experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job (comparable to 5+ years for Senior level or 8+ years' for Principal level).
- Significant clinical research experience in all phases of clinical study life cycle, including start-up, interim and close-out, is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Thorough understanding of procedural documents
- Strong understanding of process improvement fundamentals
- Solid investigative and analytical skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Thorough understanding of clinical management technology and systems, and strong computer skills
- Effective judgment, decision making, escalation, and risk management skills
- Effective oral and written communication skills including the ability to communicate in English, both orally and in writing
- Strong interpersonal skills and problem solving ability
- Capable of directing and promoting teamwork in a multi-disciplinary and/or multi-cultural team setting
- Strong attention to detail
- Thorough understanding of regulatory guidelines and directives
- Strong creative and critical thinking skills
- At PPD we hire the best, develop ourselves and each other, and recognise the power of being one team. We understand that you will want to grow both professionally and personally throughout your career, and therefore at PPD you will benefit from an award-winning learning and development programme, ensuring you reach your potential.
As well as being rewarded a competitive salary, we have an extensive benefits package based around the health and well-being of our employees. We have a flexible working culture, where PPD truly value a work-life balance. We've grown sustainably year on year but continue to offer a collaborative environment, with teams of colleagues eager to share expertise and have fun together. We are a global organisation but with a local feel.
- We have a strong will to win - We earn our customer's trust - We are game changers - We do the right thing - We are one PPD
If you resonate with our five principles above, and ultimately wish to accelerate the delivery of safe and effective therapeutics for some of the world's most urgent health needs, then please submit your application - we'd love to hear from you.