Optimization Assoc Director / Director (SPA) - EMEA
We are vital links between an idea for a new medicine and the people who need it. We are the people of PPD — thousands of employees in locations worldwide connected by tenacity and passion for our purpose: to improve health. You will be joining a truly collaborative and winning culture as we strive to bend the time and cost curve of delivering life-saving therapies to patients.
Our goal-driven teams combine and deliver startup activities for the clinical trials, collaborating to improve processes, cycle and flexibility. We partner with our sites, businesses and colleagues around the world to decrease startup timelines and exceed expectations.
The Optimization Associate Director is part of our Process and Systems Optimization team within the Site and Patient Access division at PPD. This role provides oversight for the development and implementation of innovative solutions to complex cross-functional operational issues requiring extensive collaboration and cooperation across global functions. The position is accountable for highly complex initiatives aimed at supporting and ensuring quality operational delivery through efficient and effective processes, associated systems, training and communications.
- Identifies process improvement opportunities within the Site and Patient Access (SPA) division and mentors team members.
- Designs, develops, communicates and implements process optimizing strategies for SPA
- Proactively collaborates with senior management to identify and drive continuous process optimization.
- Consults with executive sponsors and key stakeholders in support of SPA initiatives teams to develop, optimize and improve processes, systems/applications, training and communications.
- Leads and/or participates in multiple large, complex SPA process improvement initiatives and/or governance committees.
- Independently and skillfully develops process improvement processes and solutions.
- Acts as an Authorizing Manager for CAPAs.
- Identifies training needs, and then develops/ approves training materials.
- Responds to client or internal process audits on processes, systems, or procedures.
- Provides mentorship, guidance, support and training to staff and coaches team members in developing and implementing process improvement initiatives
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent and relevant formal academic / vocational qualification
- Previous experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job (comparable to 12-15 years).
- Significant clinical research experience in all phases of clinical study life cycle, including start-up, interim and close-out, is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Solid leadership and project management skills
- Excellent judgment, decision making, escalation and risk management skills
- Advanced process improvement skills
- Exceptional investigative and analytical skills
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills
- In-depth understanding of clinical management technology and systems, and excellent computer skills
- Thorough understanding of the practices, processes, and requirements of clinical trials
- Broad understanding of procedural documents
- Effective oral and written communication skills including the ability to communicate in English, both orally and in writing
- Capable of directing and promoting teamwork in a multi-disciplinary and/or multi-cultural team setting
- Capable of thinking strategically and cross-functionally
- Excellent attention to detail
- In-depth understanding of regulatory guidelines and directives
- Excellent creative and critical thinking skills
At PPD we hire the best, develop ourselves and each other, and recognise the power of being one team. We understand that you will want to grow both professionally and personally throughout your career, and therefore at PPD you will benefit from an award-winning learning and development programme, ensuring you reach your potential.
As well as being rewarded a competitive salary, we have an extensive benefits package based around the health and well-being of our employees. We have a flexible working culture, where PPD truly value a work-life balance. We've grown sustainably year on year but continue to offer a collaborative environment, with teams of colleagues eager to share expertise and have fun together. We are a global organisation but with a local feel.
- We have a strong will to win - We earn our customer's trust - We are game changers - We do the right thing - We are one PPD
If you resonate with our five principles above, and ultimately wish to accelerate the delivery of safe and effective therapeutics for some of the world's most urgent health needs, then please submit your application - we'd love to hear from you.