This is an excellent opportunity to join an award-winning Clinical Research Organisation based in the East of England. You will be working for one of the largest specialist data focused contract research companies in Europe.
Our client is recruiting for a Head of Business Development to be Responsible for management of the company’s Business Development team (BD, Marketing & Proposals) and for the development and expansion of company business through strategic direction, leadership and overall business planning.
Key Skills and Responsibilities:
Responsible for the management and future development of the Business Development team
- to provide vision and goals for the Business Development team aligned with the strategic objectives of the company.
- to provide overall management to the Business Development team via structured management approach.
- overall responsible for the recruitment, retention, training, development of Business Development team personnel.
- guide and contribute to the compilation of quote and contracts.
- support bid defence and client meetings as needed.
- Direct and manage workloads, ensuring sufficient and qualified staff capacity to meet new business targets whilst maintaining target billability of staff.
- Maintain control with finance regarding departmental expenditure, budget, salary reviews, staff expenses, and resource requirements.
- Liaise with clients and the Directors as appropriate, on the management of Business Development enquiries.
- Ensure adequate representation at client BD meetings and Bid Defence meetings.
- Responsible for development, implementation, and delivery of Business Development activity, process and planning to align with and ensure achievement of corporate strategy and goals.
- develop Business Development strategy.
- set sales targets with the Business Development team for new business.
- attend Business Development meetings, bid defence meetings, and attend industry conferences as required.
- drive Business Development and sales activity.
- Additional responsibilities include: Recruitment, oversight of training and development of personnel.
- Provide and oversee line management and planning activities of the Business Development team, including the setting and meeting of department objectives & objectives aligned with company’s strategy.
- Provision of support, performance planning, training, development, mentoring and coaching.
- Develop creative, quality, cost effective management & resourcing strategies and solutions to project deliverable challenges.
- Address evolving scope needs, performance issues, staff training needs, improving efficiencies and work organisational strategies.
- Ensures Business Development SOPs provide clear, structured processes to meet business needs; Promotes SOP awareness and process compliance.
- Ensure regular review of training records for staff takes place and that job descriptions, CVs and training records are up to date.
- Ensure Performance Management Process is in place across the Business Development team. Manage and direct the recruitment process to procure experienced, qualified new members of staff.
- Identify opportunities and contribute to process improvement.
- Target to increase the revenue growth year on year.
- Grow our business base by developing new business and clients and accounts.
- Build and maintain client relationships.
- Contribute to the overall management of the company to develop and meet company objectives.