Horizon Delivers inspired solutions that harness the power of the cell. We are global leaders in cell engineering. Our vision is to unlock the power of the cell, and we are increasing our focus on customers every day. Our unique tools and services are used by our customers to provide valuable insights and applications in - research, drug discovery, molecular diagnostics and biomanufacturing.
About the Head of Cell Line Engineering Role:
The Head of Cell Line Engineering builds, leads and coordinates a high-performing team responsible for the manufacture of all engineered cell lines for Horizon's customers as well as for internal company use. Driving continuous improvement to increase capacity and quality through the implementation of new processes and technologies.
Head of Cell Line Engineering Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the efficient delivery of cell lines for all groups across the company and to external clients.
- Liaise with all platform groups and commercial team to ensure delivery of projects as requested by client and ensure the cell line editing platform is meeting the needs of the customer and company.
- Oversee and interact with cross-site engineering groups to ensure efficient delivery of cell lines.
- Responsible for continuous platform improvement and implementation of advances in cell line engineering, in collaboration with R&D and Development teams.
- To work collaboratively with Business Unit Managers to increase the platform’s portfolio.
- Ensure adherence to relevant standards (ISO, GMP) and quality management systems.
- Create and maintain a culture that fosters a dialogue and innovative thinking and provides an effective infrastructure for communication of science between teams and platforms to ensure highly collaborative environment, integrated work and a One Horizon company culture.
- Responsible for planning and directing budgets, goals, and resources.
- Provides regular reports to the Head of RO and Executive Leadership team on progress of projects and highlighting any risks.
- Any other reasonable projects/duties as assigned by the manager.
Head of Cell Line Engineering Requirements:
- Proven track record in leadership and delivery in the Pharma/Biotech sector
- Experience in Gene editing technologies (CRISPR, AAV, ZFN)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience of cell line production, QC and manufacturing processes
- Understanding of ISO and GMP procedures (Desirable)
- Experience with process improvement methodologies (Desirable)
- Experience with laboratory automation and information management systems (Desirable)
- Background in genetics or cell biology (Desirable)