About the role
The Head of Antibody characterisation will be responsible for managing the output of the Abcam Hangzhou laboratories dedicated to the characterisation and validation of new antibodies, as well performing quality control validation of existing in house developed antibodies and up validation of OEM antibodies.
The role will also be expected to take the lead in developing innovative antibody validation technologies, optimizing functions and productivity across the characterization platforms.
The role is based in Hangzhou and reports to Director of technology and NPD in Hangzhou. Key responsibilities:
- Work with NPD leadership team in setting strategic and operational objectives and ensure we deliver to targets as defined in the NPD operational model.
- Provide scientific and technical leadership to drive the development of Abcam Reagents product development functions. Evaluate and propose innovative antibody validation technologies to optimize antibody screening and characterization process.
- Maintain an active management oversight of an around 60 HC team. Setting and monitoring KPI, aligned with global metrics, to drive down lead time and increase success rate.
- Develop and provide regular briefings to internal stakeholders.
- Drive capability build through team development.
- Establish a safe and efficient working environment in the Laboratory and ensure the safety of lab staff and visitors. Ensure group members abide by Laboratory SOPs and H&S, Ethical and Quality policies.
- PhD degree in life sciences is required. Post Doc experience is a must. Oversea experience is Preferred.
- 5+ years of Ab discovery experience, and 6+ years of managerial experience.
- A broad range of knowledge and understanding on cell signaling pathways, epigenetics, Cancer or immunology.
- Expertise and hand on experiences in IHC, ChIP, ELISA, IF/ICC, flow cytometry, western blot, etc.
- Project management skills are preferred.
- Fluent in English for written and verbal communication.
- Adaptable, motivated and enthusiastic.
If this sounds like you and you'd like to be a part of a fast paced, growing business with the vision to become the most influential company and best-loved brand in life sciences please apply now! About Us
Ever since 1998, when our founder, Jonathan Milner, started selling antibodies from the back of his bike, Abcam has aimed to help scientific researchers make breakthroughs faster. We now have offices and labs in the UK, the US, China and Japan, and as we continue to grow, we remain ambitious, driven by our customers' success and their research needs.
It's our goal to provide a world-standard in protein research tools, technical support and delivery. When you join Abcam, you'll join a global business with the passion and the vision to become the most influential company, and, best-loved brand in life sciences.
Our culture is our key differentiator. We believe in empowering individuals, with responsibility given at an early stage. The working environment is fun and fast-paced, collaborative and outcome focused, with a strong customer focus. In addition to competitive salaries, we offer an attractive and flexible benefits package (which includes shares for eligible employees), a culture focused on wellbeing and opportunities for growth and development.