Our client is seeking a Scientific Team Leader to write, review, develop strategy and contribute to new business across multiple and varied communications programmes. This role can be based out of their offices in Cheshire or Glasgow, with flexibility of home working.
You would be an experienced writer with a flair for multi-tasking and ambition to develop your role as a leader. As Scientific Team Leader you will be responsible for ensuring that the product communications strategy is delivered to the highest quality through clearly briefing your team, reviewing writers’ work, driving deliverables to schedule and acting as your clients’ main point of contact to take briefs, keep them informed and manage expectations.
This is an opportunity to work for an international agency with an established reputation for great science who work on a variety of mixed medical communications projects.
If you are ready to take the next step in your career, in addition to excellent salary and benefits including healthcare, pension and bonus, you can expect great support, training and career development.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Write and edit on a range of communication products to ensure the highest quality in line with client needs and appropriate to audience on a variety of therapeutic areas
- Effectively manage time spent on writing/editing projects versus project management
- Lead, coach and motivate project teams: share best practice; provide support and guidance to team members on client and project issues
- Develop close working relationships with team members thereby enabling provision of regular feedback on performance, both directly and to Line Managers
- Liaise effectively with the clients and opinion leaders, acting as the primary point of contact according to the requirements of the account
- Act as the main source of account/product/therapy area expertise for the client
- Review output for structure, scientific accuracy and creativity, and against the client’s rationale for the work, specific project objectives, key messages, target audiences and consistency with the marketing communication aims
- Contribute to, and participate in, new proposal development and pitches
- Life science degree
- Previous experience in a medical communications agency and experience within an editorial function or equivalent knowledge
- Proven ability for people management including all aspects of training and development
- Good communication/interpersonal skills
- Appreciation of pharmaceutical marketing and the ability to apply this to clients' own strategies for their products
- Demonstrated ability to identify and meet client needs effectively
- Proven project management skills
- Computer literacy
- Proactive, solution-oriented approach
My client is enjoying a period of sustained growth and success so there is plenty of scope for onwards progression and professional development.
ID Search & Selection has been successfully placing candidates in healthcare communications jobs for over 15 years. Along the way we’ve built many long-term relationships with candidates and clients. We’re now trusted recruitment partners to many leading companies, big, small, network and independent.
Our consultants are knowledgeable and professional and will be happy to offer information and advice. We are with you every step of the way, providing a supportive and communicative service that we will tailor to your unique needs.
Jon Gawley would love to hear from you on 01932 797992.