5-is the number of countries our biostatistical teams are located, providing statistical analytical solutions across all Novartis indications globally.
The Principal Biostatistician will be responsible for delivering statistical analytic solutions for Medical Affairs studies (MA), Non-Interventional studies (NIS), Scientific Analytics studies and multiple Phase I-IV clinical trials at a trial level by executing statistical analyses plans, ensuring high quality and timely production of statistical reporting deliverables (analysis datasets, tables, listings and graphs). Leads implementation of modern and innovative clinical trial/experimental designs, statistical models, analyses and data exploration at the study level. Is also responsible for the training and mentoring of other statisticians, and supporting project operational excellence
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Responsible and accountable for the statistical activities and support on statistical solutions for studies/publications and conferences and support the tasks independently seeking peer inputs/ reviews as required.
• Activities include protocol development in alignment with the development plan, providing inputs on statistical scientific and operational aspects of the planning, design and reporting of trials/experiments, and production and delivery of statistical deliverables and exploratory analyses. Initiate, drive and implement novel methods and innovative trial designs.
• Lead statistical/numerical/analytic research by providing advice and solutions on computational aspects of the problem.
• Ensure that documents, specifications, programs/macros are consistent and comply with company standards by providing input into CRF and data structures tables, listings and figures for MA studies, NIS and Scientific Analytic studies.
• Assume responsibility for reporting and analysis execution for multiple studies. Responsibilities include, leading statistical deliverable meetings with necessary clinical trial team members and third parties, and exploratory analyses for ad-hoc analyses. Expected to provide support for publications for individual clinical trials, and scientific analytical solutions.
• Oversee Biostatistics resources and deliverables for assigned trials and therapeutic area level. Lead study teams to ensure timeliness and adequate quality of all Biostatistics deliverables for the assigned trials and/or non-clinical related activities.
• Explain statistical methodology and interpret analysis results. Provide statistical expertise to support all activities and documents, meetings with and responses to customers and JOC meeting activities, as required.
What you'll bring to the role:
• MS/ MSc (in Statistics or equivalent) or PhD (in Statistics or equivalent) with relevant working experience in industry
• Good communication and presentation skills, influences decisions that directly impact the assigned clinical trial and team ability to deliver objectives.
• Excellent knowledge of/experience with SAS/ R/ S-plus or any other business or research analytic software with an expertise in at least one software.
• Good understanding of global clinical trial practices, procedures, methodologies and deep knowledge of data architecture
• Statistical and numerical knowledge and expertise in analytic aspects and applications in clinical trials.
• Able to work on and collaborate seamlessly with a multidisciplinary team to achieve team objectives
Competitive salary, Annual bonus, Pension scheme, Share scheme, Health insurance, 25 days annual leave, Flexible working arrangements, subsidized dining facilities, Employee recognition scheme, learning and development opportunities.
Why consider Novartis?
750 million. That's how many lives our products touch. And while we're proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people's lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you're given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you're empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you're surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world's toughest medical challenges.
Novartis Ireland Ltd. has been certified as a Top Employer 2019 by the Top Employers Institute for its exceptional employee offerings!
We are Novartis. Join us and help us reimagine medicine
Novartis are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons
#LI-NOV = Novartis