IQVIA™ is the leading human data science company focused on helping healthcare clients find unparalleled insights and better solutions for patients. Formed through the merger of IMS Health and Quintiles, IQVIA offers a broad range of solutions that harness the power of healthcare data, domain expertise, transformative technology, and advanced analytics to drive healthcare forward.
IQVIA's Home Nurse Support Service is one of Australia's leading providers of patient support programs. We are seeking Registered Nurses with experience in administering Chemotherapy and/or Immunotherapy treatments and infusions for chronically ill patients in the community.
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a new program which enables choice of treatment setting for both patients and their Doctors/Specialists.
These positions are casual and would suit RN's currently working in a clinical oncology setting as an addition to their usual employment.In consultation with their patients, successful applicants will be able to arrange patient appointment times around their current work schedules.
You will be responsible for administering medication to a patient in their own home according to a treatment plan, including all associated nursing activities. You will be required to pick up the medicine from the local pharmacy or hospital and transport to the patient's home. Successful applicants will have:
Successful applicants must be able to provide the following upon recruitment:
- Current AHPRA Registration
- Recent clinical experience in Medical Oncology or Haematology
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in administration of chemotherapy and/or immunotherapy
- Competency in cannulation and accessing CVADs
- Intermediate level IT proficiency
- Exemplary ability to demonstrate empathy for patients and their carers
- Ability to work collaboratively with patients, carers and specialists
- Flexible, proactive approach to work with excellent attention to detail
- Exceptional organizational, communication and administrative skills
- Mobile phone with data capability
- Full, unrestricted driver's licence and a registered, well-maintained vehicle
- IV Cannulation Certificate (or declaration from NUM)
- PICC/Port Competency Certificate (or declaration from NUM)
- Chemotherapy Competency (ADAC or equivalent)
- Current BLS, ALS or CPR certificate
- Current Hand Hygiene and Infection Prevention and Control Certificate
- Immunisation History Statement
- Recent Police Clearance certificate
- Working With Children certificate (except where exempt)
- Class C Driver's license
- Passport and/or birth certificate
Successful applicants who meet the above criteria, will be provided with program training and equipment to ensure the maximum safety of the patient and the nurse at all times.
Making a positive impact on human health takes insight, curiosity, and intellectual courage. It takes brave minds, pushing the boundaries to transform healthcare. Regardless of your role, you will have the opportunity to play an important part in helping our clients drive healthcare forward and ultimately improve outcomes for patients.
Forge a career with greater purpose, make an impact, and never stop learning.