Currently we are recruiting for a Manager Clinical Operations for our Real World / Late Phase department to be based in Germany.
The Manager Clinical Operations is accountable for and provides management support and direct supervision to Clinical Operations staff in Germany, France, The Netherlands, Austria, Switzerland and the UK. He or she provides training, consultation and oversees metric compliance and quality related to operating activities of assigned staff to ensure project deliverables are met. This is a client facing role with a strong focus on client interactions. The job responsibilities are:
- Line management of Clinical Operations staff, responsibilities including administrative oversight, professional development, performance appraisals, and employee counselling for staff. May be involved in assignment of project work and will review workload for all direct reports. Manages staff by establishing goals that will increase knowledge and skill levels, and by delegating tasks commensurate with skill level.
- Participate in managing the resource availability for the assigned staff/region, ensuring projects are suitably resourced and staffing needs are identified in a timely fashion, resolving potential resourcing conflicts to facilitate mutually beneficial resolutions.
- Provide expert operational oversight and guidance to support prioritization of activities, review and monitor the work performed, metric compliance, and development of contingency plans, among others.
- Assist in recruiting new staff, including participation in interview process and new hire on boarding. Proactively works to ensure staff retention and turnover rates remain within expected levels.
- Ensures quality and adherence to Standard Operating Procedures/Work Instructions (SOP/WIs) and compliance with federal and local guidelines and ICH GCPs. Ensures all staff follows required training and completes the required documentation. Provides regular updates to management accordingly.
- Works closely within appropriate business unit/region to ensure staff performance on studies and correct deficiencies as identified by staff, clients, and auditors. Able to contribute to BU level process improvements. May provide business development support.
- May conduct various types of sign off and assessment visits to ensure Clinical Operations on-site performance. Develop and oversee training plans to address performance deficiencies. Ensures staff adheres to training guidelines, training records are maintained and individual and corporate training needs are identified and addressed.
- Organizes and chairs clinical staff meetings at regular intervals. Manages issues and provides follow up for action items requiring resolution.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and passionate line manager with the following:
- Relevant education and experience
Knowledge of GCP/ICH guidelines and other applicable regulatory requirement
Strong client focused
Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal, and change management skills, both written and spoken in English and German, with an ability to inform, influence, convince, and persuade
Strong people management skills, strong time management, technical and organizational skills.
Knowledge of basic financial concepts as related to forecasting and budgeting. Understands project budgets.
Passionate to grow and willingness to learn
Are you interested to join our team? Don't hesitate and apply directly online!
Tasks, duties, and responsibilities as listed in this job description are not exhaustive. The Company, at its sole discretion and with no prior notice, may assign other tasks, duties, and job responsibilities. Equivalent experience, skills, and/or education will also be considered so qualifications of incumbents may differ from those listed in the Job Description. The Company, at its sole discretion, will determine what constitutes as equivalent to the qualifications described above. Further, nothing contained herein should be construed to create an employment contract. Occasionally, required skills/experiences for jobs are expressed in brief terms. Any language contained herein is intended to fully comply with all obligations imposed by the legislation of each country in which it operates, including the implementation of the EU Equality Directive, in relation to the recruitment and employment of its employees.
Why Syneos Health? Join a game-changing company that is reinventing the way therapies are developed and commercialized. Created through the merger of two industry leading companies, INC Research and inVentiv Health, we bring together more than 24,000 clinical and commercial minds to create a better, smarter, faster way to get biopharmaceutical therapies into the hands of patients who need them most. Evolve in a global company that is always looking for ways to work smarter and more efficiently as the only fully integrated Biopharmaceutical Accelerator. You'll be supported with comprehensive resources based on today's emerging technologies, data, science and knowledge - instead of practices from the past. Teaming with some of the most talented professionals in the industry, you'll gain exposure and work in a dynamic environment to over-deliver and outperform. A career with Syneos Health means your everyday work improves patients’ lives around the world. #LI-IH2