Associate Project Director OR Project Director
Location – Europe
We are currently looking to strengthen our Project Management team in Europe and are seeking an Associate Project Director OR Project Director for our General Medicine Business Unit to be based in any of our European locations. The APD/PD may contribute to the development of the operational strategy for new business opportunities at the project level. Responsible for mentoring less experienced Project Managers (PMs) and line management responsibilities.
A brief summary of duties you will be involved in:
• Project Administration - Acts as a primary liaison between the Company and the Customer to ensure study launch, conduct, and closeout according to the Customer’s and Company's contractual agreement.
• Reporting - Maintains and evaluates project progress by maintaining timelines and other tracking/analysis tools. Produces and distributes status, resourcing, and tracking reports as well as functional area plan to appropriate team members and senior management
• Communication - Maintains effective communication with the Customer and project team through oral and written correspondence, project status reports, and monthly progress reports; ensures adequate documentation of each communication. Independently prepares information for internal review meetings. Presents prepared information at project review meetings. Reviews and approves information from PMs for internal review meetings.
• Business Development - Develops strong relationships with all of the current and prospective clients to generate new and/or add-on business for the future. Assists in the creation, development, and nurturing of key strategic client relationships. Collaborates with New Business Development efforts for Project Management input to generate sales. Networks to acquire new and/or repeat business. Supports the Business Development Department by providing information on Company's capabilities, patient populations, etc.
- BA/BS in the life sciences, nursing degree, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Advanced degree preferred.
- Strong knowledge of Good Clinical Practice/ICH guidelines and other applicable regulatory requirements, i.e GPP
- Thorough knowledge of International Drug Development (i.e FDA) and Commercialization regulations and clinical project management procedures is necessary
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong ability to manage time and work independently and collaboratively
- Direct therapeutic area expertise.
- Proficiency with full MS Office Applications, including MS Project
- Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal skills, both written and spoken, with an ability to inform, influence, convince, and persuade
- Ability to travel as necessary (approximately 25%)
Tasks, duties, and responsibilities as listed in this job description are not exhaustive. The Company, at its sole discretion and with no prior notice, may assign other tasks, duties, and job responsibilities. Equivalent experience, skills, and/or education will also be considered so qualifications of incumbents may differ from those listed in the Job Description. The Company, at its sole discretion, will determine what constitutes as equivalent to the qualifications described above. Further, nothing contained herein should be construed to create an employment contract. Occasionally, required skills/experiences for jobs are expressed in brief terms. Any language contained herein is intended to fully comply with all obligations imposed by the legislation of each country in which it operates, including the implementation of the EU Equality Directive, in relation to the recruitment and employment of its employees.