Serves as a regional lead in managing the preparation, negotiation and finalization of contract templates, process and negotiation parameters (including, contractual terms and conditions, and ancillary documents), and oversight of associated investigator grant budget(s), with an assigned workload of clients. Ensures quality, objectivity and risk analysis in the efficient delivery of contract templates, process and negotiation parameters. Essential Functions
- Leads the review, negotiation, and finalization of contract templates, process and negotiation parameters with clients in accordance with PPD contractual considerations and processes.
- Provides regional oversight and contractual risk assessment in accordance with established contractual considerations, and serves as the liaison with the legal department during country process improvement initiatives.
- Negotiates within approved parameters both investigator grant budget negotiation parameters, contractual terms and conditions in accordance with company contractual considerations, client contractual considerations, established process with clients and follows established escalation routes.
- Communicates, trains and provides approved contract templates, process and negotiation parameters and client expectations to assigned team members.
- Ensures collaboration, quality alignment with terms and conditions, process and client expectations with assigned team members.
- Identifies and assesses legal, financial and operational risks in accordance with approved PPD and client contractual considerations.
- Acts as a lead regional interface and escalation contact with external clients for term & condition revisions outside of approved negotiation parameters, client expectations and process deviations.
- Provides recommendations and alternative resolutions to contract negotiations to internal and external clients.
- Works with internal functional departments to facilitate coordination of different site startup activities impacted by contractual activities upon mutually agreed upon timelines.
- Contributes to or may lead change initiatives within the department.
- Completes periodic quality reviews and peer feedback reports.
- Creates and delivers training material to team members.
Qualifications: Education and Experience
- Provides training and mentoring to junior staff.
- Must have at least 2 years of experience with a CRO or Biopharma company.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent and relevant formal academic/vocational qualification
- Previous work experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job -- 8+ years
Work Environment Requirements
PPD values the health and wellbeing of our employees. We support and encourage individuals to create a healthy and balanced environment where they can thrive. Below is listed the working environment/requirements for this role:
- Able to communicate, receive, and understand information and ideas with diverse groups of people in a comprehensible and reasonable manner
- Able to work upright and stationary and/or standing for typical working hours
- Able to lift and move objects up to 25 pounds
- Able to work in non-traditional work environments
- Able to use and learn standard office equipment and technology with proficiency
- May have exposure to potentially hazardous elements typically found in healthcare or laboratory environments
- Able to perform successfully under pressure while prioritizing and handling multiple projects or activities