On behalf of my client, I am recruiting for a Clinical Nurse Manager 1 - Renal.
The successful candidate will be expected to clinically and professionally lead the nursing team, in collaboration with the Clinic Manager in the care of patients with renal failure. This role is based in Portlaoise.
• Liaise and collaborate with other members of the multidisciplinary team to ensure that high quality renal care is provided to patients.
• To be responsible for ensuring provision of a safe and therapeutic environment for all patients, relatives, visitors and colleagues.
• Provide a high level of professional and clinical leadership, demonstrating clinical competence and expertise in renal care nursing.
• Provide support and supervision to the front-line staff where appropriate in order to assist them in their role.
• Maintain a high standard of work performance, attendance, appearance and punctuality.
• To effectively manage the activities of the Clinic in the absence of the Clinic Manager.
• Ensure that appropriate, accurate and concise records are maintained at all times (including staff mandatory training records, planned /unplanned leave, duty roster for example)
• Respond promptly to comments, complaints or issues raised by patients, families or visitors.
• Registered Nurse.
• Minimum of 4 years post registration experience with 3 years minimum in renal care.
• Completed the P. Grad Dip. In Nursing Specialist - Renal or be willing to undertake this course within 12 months of commencing in the position.
• Ability to maintain dignity, privacy and respect of all patients.
• Excellent organization and self-management skills.
• To have detailed knowledge of manual handling regulations particularly with regards to the moving and handling of patients. To be responsible for ensuring that assessment of patient’s manual handling needs are carried out.
• Excellent motivational and team leadership skills.