About the role
Abcam is a leading web-based business supplying research tools to life scientists worldwide.
We are seeking a Research Associate for our Quality Control team to test a wide variety of antibody-based products in our Eugene, OR facility. The core responsibility will be to provide support to the quality control team by testing our catalog of products after they have completed the manufacturing process. These products include quantity ELISA kits, activity ELISA kits, Western blot antibodies, immunocytochemistry antibodies, and flow cytometry kits. Primary Responsibilities:
- Manufacture, Quality Test, and assemble our expanding portfolio of products according to documented methods under direct supervision.
- Support investigations into product compliance matters when necessary.
- Communicate analyzed results in detailed written reports according to documented methods.
- Maintain archive of control sample inventory required for product testing.
- Ensures manufacturing processes comply with documented quality policies, SOPs, and Health and Safety procedures.
- May be required to perform other duties as required/assigned
- B.S. in Biology, or closely related discipline
- Experience running immunoassays
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to do the following:
- Position requires prolonged stints of standing/sitting
- Display manual dexterity required to operate office lab equipment
- Lab setting 80%
- Office setting 20%
- BSL2 lab
Ever since 1998, when our founder, Jonathan Milner, started selling antibodies from the back of his bike, Abcam has aimed to help scientific researchers make breakthroughs faster. We now have offices and labs in the UK, the US, China and Japan, and as we continue to grow, we remain ambitious, driven by our customers' success and their research needs.
It's our goal to provide a world-standard in protein research tools, technical support and delivery. When you join Abcam, you'll join a global business with the passion and the vision to become the most influential company, and, best-loved brand in life sciences.
Our culture is our key differentiator. We believe in empowering individuals, with responsibility given at an early stage. The working environment is fun and fast-paced, collaborative and outcome focused, with a strong customer focus. In addition to competitive salaries, we can offer an attractive flexible benefits package which includes share options, a culture focused on well-being and opportunities for growth and development.
Abcam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.