About the role
Abcam is developing an industry-leading portfolio of products in the edited cell lines market. To accelerate our progress towards our audacious goals we require a strong, experienced leader to expand and deliver the cell line portfolio strategy. In this role the successful candidate will be responsible for identifying & translating key market needs into new product offerings. They will possess the experience and have a proven track record of bringing researcher valued cell-based products to market in a timely manner.
This role is one at the heart of our new business - and reports directly to the VP of Cell Engineering as part of their diverse, global leadership team. It's an exciting opportunity for a visionary individual to lead the development of our portfolio and be at the start of building something new. We're looking for someone who can work closely with colleagues across all functions to deliver an industry-leading portfolio of edited cell lines and above market growth.
You'll get support along the way - but our business moves fast! Therefore you'll need to be a driven self-starter with exceptional leadership skills, as well as possessing the necessary experience and know-how to create, integrate and deliver an industry leading portfolio.
Ultimately the role will advance Abcam's mission of serving life scientists to achieve their research missions, faster and you'll be alongside our customers helping deliver this mission. Roles and responsibilities
- Participate in consumer insight gathering to identify market drivers and uncovering the key market needs.
- Prioritise new product development to ensure Abcam invests in portfolio of greatest market value.
- Work closely with Abcam's product management and commercial teams to ensure successful product development and commercialization.
- Oversee the global product development process across multiple manufacturing sites to ensure efficient pipeline execution.
- Develop KOLs relationships in the cell engineering market as well as building & maintaining external collaborations.
- Remain up to date with cell engineering market developments and competitor portfolio and capabilities.
- Support the process to coordinate make/buy/license decisions within Product Management.
- Translate key market findings into business relevant metrics for transparent communication across the organization.
Desired Qualifications & Qualities:
- Master's degree in biological-science field
- Evidence of experience with a wide variety of gene edited and non-edited cell lines
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- A high level of analytical and numerical skills
- Proven track record of delivery in a fast-paced but fun environment
- A team player, able to build credibility across functions and at all levels of the organization up to VP/Exec level
- A driven and results focused team member, who is looking for an is at their best with high degrees of autonomy
- Excellent communicator
- Resilience with the strength to deal with challenging situations and objections - able to learn from experience and keep growing!
- PhD in Biological Science field
- Industry experience
Ever since 1998, when our founder, Jonathan Milner, started selling antibodies from the back of his bike, Abcam has aimed to help scientific researchers make breakthroughs faster. We now have offices and labs in the UK, the US, China and Japan, and as we continue to grow, we remain ambitious, driven by our customers' success and their research needs.
It's our goal to provide a world-standard in protein research tools, technical support and delivery. When you join Abcam, you'll join a global business with the passion and the vision to become the most influential company, and, best-loved brand in life sciences.
Our culture is our key differentiator. We believe in empowering individuals, with responsibility given at an early stage. The working environment is fun and fast-paced, collaborative and outcome focused, with a strong customer focus. In addition to competitive salaries, we can offer an attractive flexible benefits package which includes share options, a culture focused on well-being and opportunities for growth and development.
Abcam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.