About the role
The Cell Sciences Team, part of the Antibody Validation and Characterisation Group, plays a crucial role in delivering the essential material for novel antibody validation.
We are looking to recruit a highly motivated researcher with experience in mammalian cell culture to prepare top quality material for Immunohistochemistry (IHC), Immunocytochemistry (ICC), flow cytometry, biochemical analysis and other antibody validation methods.
Our group works in Cambridge (UK) on the Cambridge Biomedical Campus. This role is a 6-month fixed term contract.
Roles & Responsibilities:
• Perform mammalian cell cultures, including adherent and suspension cell lines, primary and established lines, hybridomas, stem cells and co-cultures
• Perform cell treatments for antibody validation processes
• Develop and optimise new cell treatments for an improved antibody validation process
• Work autonomously to record, interpret, and deliver data to deadlines
• Support existing Cell Science team in various projects, as required
• Contribute to projects and initiatives as required within the Antibody Validation and Characterization group and effectively communicate with various stakeholders on the projects
• Help establish and maintain high-quality standards during experimental processes and record keeping. Abide by laboratory Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and keep accurate Batch Manufacturing Records (BMRs)
• Help maintain a safe and efficient working environment in the laboratory, ensure the safety of colleagues & visitors and comply with Health and Safety (H&S) policies
This position would suit a hardworking, detail-orientated person who is able to function effectively in a fast-paced and sociable team environment.
You will be educated to at least degree level in a life sciences-related subject with some hands-on experience of culturing mammalian cell lines. Experience of working in the Life Science Industry is an advantage. Experience with cell treatments, cell assays, molecular biology, recombinant antibody expression,hybridoma culture, primary cell culture and/or alternative cell models (e.g 3d culture, organoids) would be desirable but not essential.
If this sounds like you and you'd like to be a part of a fast-paced, growing business with the vision to become the most influential company and best-loved brand in life sciences, please apply now!
Pay and Benefits
In addition to competitive salaries, we offer an attractive and flexible benefits package (including our award-winning share scheme, 18 weeks full paid maternity leave and 6 weeks full paid paternity leave), a culture focused on well-being and opportunities for growth and development, and a highly flexible working environment.
What's more, as a WORK180 Endorsed Employer, we are recognized globally as an organization that's diverse, inclusive and supports women in the workplace.
An idea conceived in a University of Cambridge laboratory in 1998, Abcam plc (www.abcamplc.com) began life as an innovative and entrepreneurial start-up, spearheaded by like-minded individuals who shared a common purpose of providing the scientific community with quality antibody reagents, as well as trustworthy and up-to-date information about their uses and limitations. Abcam has now grown to become a leading supplier of protein research tools to life scientists, whilst always maintaining the core collaborative values assumed at its inception.
Abcam now supports life science researchers in their quest to understand the cause of disease and ultimately offer improvements to diagnoses and treatments. To achieve this outcome, the company both develops and manufactures its own products in specialist facilities across the globe, and sources from over 400 partners, offering scientists the newest, most innovative and highest quality research tools available globally, regardless of source. With a customer base of research scientists who require high performance products with detailed technical specifications, 64% of global researchers use Abcam products.
Inclusion & Diversity
Abcam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.