Please note that we will move to our brand new offices in Waltham, located in 152 Grove St, Waltham, MA 02453 around January 2021 About the role
Abcam is a world leader in supplying research tools to life scientists with a head office in Cambridge, UK, and with offices around the globe. Our culture is one that empowers individuals from the beginning, placing great emphasis on prior knowledge and experience. The working environment is positive and fast-paced, with cross-functional teams working to deliver the best products and service to our customers. Help us scale this business and continue its growth as part of a smart, hardworking, congenial team.
A position has arisen for the role of Title, reporting to the Senior Director of Multiplex and Specialty Solutions. The successful candidate will be responsible for refining Abcam's multiplex program strategy, managing existing products that serve both end-users and Abcam partners, and developing new products based on market insights and VOC feedback. The individual will be a driven self-starter with strong leadership skills and possess the necessary experience and know-how to leverage the Abcam organization to deliver better solutions for partners and customers. Primary Responsibilities
Qualifications Essential Desirable
- Acting as an advocate for customers using multiplex assays within the Abcam organization. This requires understanding their needs and enabling solutions.
- Refine a global strategy for development, positioning and growth of Abcam's multiplex partner business to achieve ambitious objectives.
- Identify underserved multiplex market segments and build business cases for the development of products to address needs.
- Prepare and communicate marketing materials and sales tools for managed products, ensuring that product content is complementary across categories to present an integrated marketing message to Abcam customers.
- Forecast the incremental resources required for developing and manufacturing products customized for partner platforms and deliver the resource proposal to the Innovation and Development Committee (IDC).
- Establish protocols where necessary and appropriate to manage GTM plan, supply chain forecasting, and co-marketing for partner products.
- Work with the Program Management to define milestones and report progress.
- Coordinate with the Abcam FirePlex and Research Areas (RA) teams to align strategies on both in-house products and potentially competitive partner products.
- Provide support to Business Development as needed to establish new partnerships or negotiate partnerships to execute on multiplex plan.
- Assist Corporate Development when required to perform due diligence activities including technical assessments and market analysis.
Education and Training
Bachelor's Degree in a life science discipline.
Advanced degree (MS or PhD) in the Life Sciences and biological laboratory research experience.
Experience - work, research, voluntary, other
5+ years of experience in product management in a biotechnology company selling into the life science market.
10+ years of experience managing and growing a multiplex product portfolio, managing direct reports, and supporting B2B business development.
Specific skills & abilities
Understanding of antibodies and antibody-based assays such as immunoassays and IHC.
Expertise guiding new product development in stage-gate environment. Demonstrated knowledge of marketing analytics, pricing, and/or strategic planning
Data driven, highly organized and proactive.
Strong communication skills, capable of building effecting working relationships in matrixed organization.
Able to work in Boston, MA or Cambridge, UK offices without special visa requirements.
Located at, and able to work in Boston, MA.
Up to 25% global travel. About Us
Ever since 1998, when our founder, Jonathan Milner, started selling antibodies from the back of his bike, Abcam has aimed to help scientific researchers make breakthroughs faster. We now have offices and labs in the UK, the US, China and Japan, and as we continue to grow, we remain ambitious, driven by our customers' success and their research needs.
It's our goal to provide a world-standard in protein research tools, technical support and delivery. When you join Abcam, you'll join a global business with the passion and the vision to become the most influential company, and, best-loved brand in life sciences.
Our culture is our key differentiator. We believe in empowering individuals, with responsibility given at an early stage. The working environment is fun and fast-paced, collaborative and outcome focused, with a strong customer focus. In addition to competitive salaries, we can offer an attractive flexible benefits package which includes share options, a culture focused on wellbeing and opportunities for growth and development.