About the role:
Abcam is looking for an Associate Data Engineer to join our growing Data team. The Associate Data Engineer will work mainly in SQL on data migration and data warehousing projects. They will report to the Lead Data Engineer and receive guidance and mentorship from Senior Data Engineers within the team. Roles & responsibilities:
- You will build and maintain both our data warehouse and data factory, creating tables, views and procedures.
- You will build ETLs and integrations in a variety of tools, predominantly Oracle ODI, but also BICs Data Sync, Mulesoft and Analytics Canvas.
- You will build user interfaces for data cleaning activities using Oracle APEX.
- You will work with DBAs, Infrastructure Engineers and other technical stakeholders to resolve issues quickly.
- You will gather requirements from non-technical stakeholders and provide training and support.
SQL, Data Warehouse, Oracle ODI, ETL, APEX, Git About you:
- You will have some experience working with SQL and databases and have a strong desire to learn more.
- You will be proactive, seeking to learn on the job and resolve issues quickly.
- You will build strong relationships with key stakeholders including the Project Manager, Business Analyst, Data Engineers, DBAs and Infrastructure Engineers.
- You will be a team player who supports other team members as necessary to ensure success.
- Experience of python, spark, AWS, Oracle ODI, APEX or Git would be beneficial, but is not essential.
- Some schooling in Biology / Life Science is beneficial, but not essential.
If this sounds like you and you'd like to be a part of a fast paced, growing business with the vision to become the most influential company and best-loved brand in life sciences please apply now! About Us
Ever since 1998, when our founder, Jonathan Milner, started selling antibodies from the back of his bike, Abcam has aimed to help scientific researchers make breakthroughs faster. We now have offices and labs in the UK, the US, China and Japan, and as we continue to grow, we remain ambitious, driven by our customers' success and their research needs.
It's our goal to provide a world-standard in protein research tools, technical support and delivery. When you join Abcam, you'll join a global business with the passion and the vision to become the most influential company, and, best-loved brand in life sciences.
Our culture is our key differentiator. We believe in empowering individuals, with responsibility given at an early stage. The working environment is fun and fast-paced, collaborative and outcome focused, with a strong customer focus. In addition to competitive salaries, we offer an attractive and flexible benefits package (which includes shares for eligible employees), a culture focussed on wellbeing and opportunities for growth.