Do you have a strong desire to push the boundaries of healthcare? To create lasting value from raw data? You may have what it takes to join our amazing Data Science team!
IQVIA’s Data Science Hub in Sofia, Bulgaria is recruiting a R Programmer for a career enhancing Data Scientist job. If you’re a strong R Programmer, possess a Masters Degree listed below and can work in Sofia we want to talk to you about our exciting Data Scientist job.
Acceptable Masters Degrees:
Statistics/Statistical Science/Statistical Data Analytics/Medical Statistics, Data Science, Biostatistics, Bioinformatics, Applied Mathematics with Statistics or Epidemiology
You’ll be working with a talented team developing and applying innovative scientific methods, processes, algorithms and systems as an R Programmer to extract knowledge and insights from structured and unstructured healthcare data.
Please note all applications must include a CV in English
- Develop and document data science methods and algorithms
- Extract, clean, investigate, prepare, analyse and report real-world data according to statistical analysis plans and programming specifications using R programming software
- Contribute to and support the ongoing maintenance and development of a centralized library of R functions within a best practice software engineering framework
- Contribute to improving operational efficiencies of workflows, including development of automated process and internal guidance documents
- Implement quality control procedures
MINIMUM SKILLS, EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS:
- A Masters Degree as described above
- Minimum 24 months strong R Programming experience giving the ability to write structured, documented and reusable code to analyse data in R
- A proactive, creative, innovative and pragmatic approach to problem solving and an ability to think critically and independently
- Ability to achieve results within a multi-cultural and geographically diverse team in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Already possess the Right to Work in Bulgaria
- Flexible and adaptable in a client focused, results driven environment
- Excellent written, verbal and listening communication skills (in English)
- Experience designing and executing prospective or retrospective database studies
- Ability to process and verify the integrity of data from multiple sources
- Experience in producing data visualisations to communicate analysis results
- Experience building or applying statistical models
- Understanding of relational database structures and concepts
- Prior experience working in a consultancy or other service sector in the healthcare industry
- Aptitude to software engineering or application development
At IQVIA, we believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. The advanced analytics, technology solutions and contract research services we provide to the life sciences industry are made possible by our 67,000+ employees around the world who apply their insight, curiosity and intellectual courage every step of the way. Learn more at jobs.iqvia.com.