We are eager to hire a highly-skilled Omics Data Engineer/Bioinformatician into the drug development IT group in Dublin, Ireland. We are interested in speaking to someone with life sciences experience who is keen to accelerate & improve drug development by delivering the value of data management.
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Passion for Life Science, domain knowledge and experience in bioinformatics related data engineering (e.g. Genomics, Transcriptomics, Metabolomics, or Proteomics).
• Building reliable data pipelines using Spark / Python / R
• Deliver innovative solutions for cutting-edge new drug discovery technologies to enable decision making by therapeutic project teams throughout the drug development process.
• Provisioning data / providing access, building REST/similar APIs back-ended by technologies such as PostgreSQL/ElasticSearch/S3/
• Part of a team responsible for developing data storage, management and querying and analysis capabilities that ensure that Novartis' Omics data is Findable, Accessible, Interoperable and Reusable (FAIR) and can be used for machine learning and artificial intelligence data analysis & correlation techniques.
• Work in a multidisciplinary environment with bioinformatics and data scientists and IT functions across the organisation to develop solutions to support the automation and scaling of key processes and advanced analytics pipelines for drug development
• Master's degree or PhD in a scientific field required
• 5+ years of experience in an OMICS & HCS role
• Experience of capturing, analyzing or integrating omics or high content data such as Proteomics, HCS, NGS, Flow, CyTOF etc
• Experience managing data from traditional in vitro or in vivo assay techniques would be beneficial
• Expertise in using, supporting or delivering data management solutions in a research environment - ideally experienced with tools such as Screener, ActivityBase, LabKey, E-WorkBook etc. would be beneficial
• Using technology to capture or analyse high content data and experience with scripting technologies such as Python, R and/or data pipeline tools such as Pipeline Pilot, Knime etc
Competitive salary, Annual bonus, Pension scheme, Share scheme, Health insurance, 25 days annual leave, Flexible working arrangements, subsidized dining facilities, Employee recognition scheme, learning and development opportunities.
Why consider Novartis?
799 million. That's how many lives our products touched in 2019. And while we're proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people's lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you're given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you're empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you're surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world's toughest medical challenges.
Imagine what you could do at Novartis!
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Novartis embraces diversity, equal opportunity and inclusion. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration, and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
Novartis are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons
Join our Novartis Network: If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to learn more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network
Novartis Ireland Ltd. has been certified as a Top Employer 2020 by the Top Employers Institute for its exceptional employee offerings!
#LI-NOV = Novartis