PPD is a leading global contract research organization. At PPD we are passionate, deliberate, and driven by our purpose - to improve health!
Medical Communications is a global group providing inbound and outbound, post-approval contact center services designed to support our clients' business objectives for medical/technical information, while maintaining regulatory compliance and a high-level of customer service. Our teams deliver medical/technical information to healthcare professionals and consumers for both legacy and newly launched products. Come join our growing team of over 700 healthcare professionals providing medical information and education.
At PPD we hire the best, develop ourselves and each other, and recognize the power of being one team. It's not just talk - our award-winning training programs speak for themselves. In Medical Communications, you'd be provided with 4-8 weeks of training and support! Join PPD in our relentless pursuit of excellence- apply now! Summarized Purpose:
Provides technical and medical information, and/or performs intake of adverse events/ product complaints with quality customer service. Analyzes and researches inquiries and documents interactions according to organizational, client and regulatory guidelines. The information provided will be given to a level in parallel with the individual's expertise, experience and training. Essential Functions:
Qualifications:Qualifications: Education and Experience:
- Responds accurately and professionally to technical and medical information inquiries received via phone, email, internet or mail in reference to pharmaceutical or device products. Processes fulfillments and provides clinical trial information or after-hours on call support.
- Analyzes caller's questions to formulate an accurate and concise response using client-approved resources and records inquiries and interactions in the appropriate databases following organizational, client and regulatory guidelines.
- Identifies, records and triages adverse events and product complaints according to organizational, client and regulatory guidelines and provides additional support (including follow up) as needed.
- Maintains thorough knowledge of project and corporate policies and procedures including client products, SOP's, protocols, GCP's, and applicable regulatory requirements.
- Works closely with internal and external client contacts (up to and including members of client management) to resolve complex inquiries. As needed, researches medical literature and drafts responses for such inquiries.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent and relevant formal academic / vocational qualification
- Previous experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job (comparable to 0 to 2 years).
- Some countries (e.g., Mexico) may require a health care professional degree or Medical information experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent language skills (comprehension, speaking, reading and writing); Fluency skills in a second language may be required
- Proficient computer and keyboarding skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Ability to interpret client provided complex medical and technical information
- Organizational and time management skills
- Ability to maintain a positive and professional demeanor in challenging circumstances
Working Conditions and Environment:
- No management responsibility
- Work is performed in an office environment with exposure to electrical office equipment
- Constant interaction with clients/associates required
- Constant attention to detail-visual, mental
- Constant multi-tasking
- Daily exposure to high pressure, intense concentration needed
- Rotating shifts may be required
- Occasional driving to site locations with occasional travel
- Long varied work hours required occasionally
- Frequently stationary for 6-8 hours per day
- Repetitive hand movement of both hands with the ability to make fast, simple, repeated movements of the fingers, hands, and wrists
- Occasional mobility required
- Occasional crouching, stooping, bending and twisting of upper body and neck.
- Light to moderate lifting and carrying (or otherwise moves) objects including luggage and laptop computer with a maximum lift of 15-20 lbs. or 6-9 kgs.
- Ability to access and use a variety of computer software developed both in-house and off-the-shelf
- Ability to communicate information and ideas so others will understand; with the ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences
- Frequently interacts with others to obtain or relate information to diverse groups.
- Works independently with little guidance or reliance on oral or written instructions and plans work schedules to meet goals.
- Requires multiple periods of intense concentration.
- Performs a wide range of variable tasks as dictated by variable demands and changing conditions with little predictability as to the occurrence
- Ability to perform under stress
- Regular and consistent attendance