At Roche, we believe it's urgent to deliver medical solutions right now - even as we develop innovations for the future. We are passionate about transforming patients' lives! We are courageous in both decision and action. And we believe that good business means a better world. That is why we come to work each day. We commit ourselves to scientific rigor, unassailable ethics, and access to medical innovations for all. We do this today to build a better tomorrow.
Global Procurement (GP) is a key function that delivers value to Roche by leveraging market knowledge, subject matter expertise and business insights in the procurement of goods and services and the management of Roche's third party spend. Through collaboration with our external suppliers and internal business partners, GP helps bring innovative tests and medicines to patients.
In the role of Strategic Project Delivery - Digital Procurement you will be responsible for identifying opportunities and driving initiatives to increase automation and an improved user experience of the end-to-end procurement process from Demand to Pay (D2P). You will facilitate the overall up- and downstream procurement content delivery and coordinate the development and execution of a respective pipeline of continuous content optimization and cloud-based procurement solutions improvement initiatives to support the digital transformation of Procurement. In this position, you will be managing, supporting and delivering input on digital transformation initiatives. This includes advising and collaborating with Category Management and Sourcing teams to operationalize their category strategies in the best way. You are delivering success by driving an increase in automation, improvement of user experience and more self-service capability along the E2E sourcing and buying process. Thanks to your strong communication and influencing skills, you are an ambassador for procurement digitization, provide strategic thought leadership on how to continuously improve the user experience and embed the new ways of working with an E2E mentality across Procurement. You take a broad approach on efficiency levers and will generally collaborate and connect with a broad range of global/regional/local stakeholders and partners across Procurement, Finance/Roche Services & Solutions (RSS), IT and business functions. Your responsibilities:
Who you are
- Plan and manage on-time delivery of project activities and achievements. Partner with subject matter specialists and project support to ensure project phases (e.g. mobilization, as-is, to-be and deployment) are effectively and efficiently progressed and delivered.
- Define, implement and measure metrics and KPI's for project progress. Supervise quality assurance throughout project, result acceptance, and sign-off processes. Provide regular status updates and prepare related project communication and reporting to Procurement Enablement Lead, relevant PMO or portfolio management, sponsor(s) and GP leadership.
- Use internal and external networks and exchange with relevant specialists on global and industry trends in Digital Procurement and feedback to the Procurement Enablement team.
- Identify, supervise and mitigate risks and issues and address them if vital. Keep project teams advised as to status and actions.
- Capture and make accessible documentation of project information and tools. Provide input to the Capability Building team to support New Ways of Working and D2P related training delivery.
You like working in a diverse environment and you are demonstrating flexibility, agility and initiative. With your dedication and motivation you are able to work under pressure. As an excellent communicator you demonstrate your influencing and networking skills. To be successful in this role, we believe you need a university degree, preferably in Business Administration, Informatics, Finance, Engineering, or in a related field.
- 7-10 years relevant professional experience, preferably in strategic and/or operational procurement and/or related areas in Finance or IT
- 5+ years relevant project-based experience delivering on transformational or strategic initiatives
- Understanding of general and procurement specific business processes as well as deep understanding of (cloud-based) digital procurement solutions. Ability to challenge the status quo.
- Skilled to work independently as well as in complex and agile, global networks within international teams.
- Excellent gSuite, MS Office, and project management skills. Experience in working with virtual collaboration tools is desired, e.g. Trello, Jamboard, Miro.
- Agile mentality and methods of working (Scrum). Experience with continuous improvement.
- Pharmaceutical industry or management consulting experience and Project Management Professional certification are of advantage.
- Business level fluency in English
Roche embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a range of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
Are you interested in this position but have additional questions? Then please check our FAQs and videos on careers.roche.ch/faq. Roche is an equal opportunity employer.
Procurement, Procurement > General Procurement