Recruiting now for a Clinical Research Nurse at ICON, for various UK location. This permanent opportunity, reports directly to the Clinical Operations Manager, with the primary aim; to coordinate multiple studies according to the study protocol, perform collection of clinical data points and to provide a seamless, customer service to the patients attending site.
Our mission is to function as an Integrated Site Network, the role of our Nurses are paramount to achieving our mission. As a Clinical Research Nurse, you will be responsible, day to day for the following tasks:
- Ensure volunteer safety and well being in a variety of settings working collaboratively within a multidisciplinary team
- Identify and report any potential or actual adverse events to a senior nurse and physician in a timely manner
- Perform all types of drug administration for which they have been competency assessed in accordance with the study protocol and within the appropriate guidelines for the administration of medicines
- To be competent in performing and supervising other members of the multidisciplinary team in core clinical skills, utilising clinical knowledge to identify potential clinical abnormalities and recognising and reporting any deviation from the parameters as stated in the study protocol
- Continuous Cardiac Monitoring; blood sampling both direct Venepuncture and via cannula, recording of vital signs in accordance with the study protocol and Pulse Oximetry
- May screen participants for inclusion into study, based on predetermined criteria
- Undertake sample handling and sample processing within the clinical preparation area as per protocol as required
Successful applicants will require to :
- Be accountable for own practice in accordance with the NMC Code of Professional Conduct
- Effective pre- study set up, project planning and resourcing and associated documentation leading to the safe and successful clinical execution of the study whilst working within the remit of ICH GCP
- Demonstrate and share understanding of the ABPI Guidelines for phase 1 clinical trials and the MHRA accreditation process for phase 1 clinical units
- Attend Intermediate Life Support and Medical Emergency training at least annually and to be familiar with the Resuscitation Council Guidelines and the contents of the Resuscitation trolley and use of the Defibrillator
Following your application, we will contact you and one of our dedicated recruiters will be able to provide you with more details about this opportunity.
ICON is an equal opportunity employer - Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans and committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.