Senior Budgets and Proposals Manager - Anywhere, US
Office-based or Remote-based within the United States
Who We Are
Synteract is a global full-service contract research organization with a successful three-decade track record supporting biotechnology, medical device and pharmaceutical companies. With our mission of "Bringing Clinical Trials to Life," we provide customized Phase I through IV services internationally, offering expertise across multiple therapeutic areas including notable depth in Oncology, Neuro Degenerative Diseases, and Rare and Orphan Diseases, and in pediatric populations. Our mission is to support the innovation and development of better therapies in healthcare.
The Senior Proposals Manager facilitates the proposal development process for strategic proposals from receipt of requests for proposal (RFP) through preparation, production and finalization of deliverable. The Senior Proposal Manager works closely with all relevant departments, finance, senior management and business development to facilitate and drive the submission of proposal, work order (WO), and change in scope (CIS) documents and supporting costs.
Specific tasks would include:
- Analyze information and proposal requests from pharmaceutical, medical device, and biotechnology companies to manage all aspects of their clinical trial activities.
- Based on requests for proposal (RFP), develop proposal, including strategy, scope of work, assumptions, costs, timelines, and related attachments.
- Complete client format proposals and bid grids. Provide guidance and support with regards to cost grid completion to more junior team members. QC of the grids completed by more junior team members.
- Be consistent in document and budget development for style presentation, consistency with algorithms, RFP materials and the company's goals targets and capabilities.
- Request third party vendor quotes/proposals and liaise directly with external vendors.
- Coordinate, attend, and lead all necessary internal meetings related to proposal development and budget preparation (and CIS requests where applicable).
- Ensure timely updates (within 24 hours) are made to all internal tracking and sales reporting systems, including, but not limited to Sales Force Dot Com (SFDC) and internal filing locations.
- Upon project award, work with the contracts team in the development of associated documents, including final scope of work, assumptions, costs, timeline and appropriate payment terms.
- Based on request from Project Management, work with the contracts department with the development of CIS, including revised costs and appropriate CIS template.
- May support Business Development in the communication and negotiations with clients.
- Provide training and guidance to junior team members, other departmental personnel, and external team members.
- Provide back-up to Director of Sales Operations/Line Manager during times of holiday and travel.
- Assist with department initiatives, including but not limited to process improvement, system enhancements, and other as assigned.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of departmental templates, tools and processes.
- Assist as needed in all areas of Business Development and Sales Operations support.
- Bachelor or Master degree in business, life science, or related field of study.
- 8+ year's related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of clinical CRO proposals development management experience is needed.
- Experience with writing, reviewing, and editing business documents preferably correspondence, proposals, and contracts.
- Experience in calculation of figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, and percentages is needed.
- Excellent knowledge of contract and budget preparation and ability to interpret budgets.
- Understanding of the clinical process (Phase I - IV) and the ramifications of change to one or more study assumptions, including timelines.
If you're passionate about bringing clinical trials to life, we encourage you to apply today!
Synteract's policy is to provide equal employment opportunity and affirmative action in all of its employment practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, marital status, protected veteran status, age, individuals with disabilities, sexual orientation or gender identity or expression or any other legally protected category. Candidates must possess current and valid authorization to work in the country to which they are applying. #LI-CH1