We are vital links between an idea for a new medicine and the people who need it. We are the people of PPD — thousands of employees in locations worldwide connected by tenacity and passion for our purpose: to improve health. You will be joining a truly collaborative and winning culture as we strive to bend the time and cost curve of delivering life-saving therapies to patients.
We are seeking a Regional Medical Officer in our Biotech Team
to be based in the EMEA region
. This role focuses on business development, client engagement and sustained relationship efforts for PPD Biotech in the EMEA Region. This will be an ED or VP level depending on experience.
You would be responsible for delivering strategic value to Biotech clients from an industry experienced drug development leadership perspective. Deliverables are strongly aligned with EMEA commercial and sales objectives. You would interact with client Therapeutic Area Heads, CMOs, and senior development staff understanding client needs and working with PPD Biotech colleagues to communicate optimal integrated service offerings, develop best in class proposals, and in partnership with GPD physicians from relevant therapeutic areas offer strategic programmatic and trial-level clinical advice. This candidate uses drug development expertise to drive the sales performance of PPD Biotech through strong scientific engagement and personal networks in the industry, AROs, NGOs, government, and academia. The position will be accountable for building and maintaining credibility for PPD within the EMEA Biotech community.Key responsibilities:
Qualifications:Education and qualifications:
- Serves as a regional drug development business development executive for PPD Biotech EMEA; client facing commercial role focused on developing new accounts and retaining key clients.
- In collaboration with the Head of PPD Biotech EMEA and GPD physicians, plays a leadership role in proposal development and bid defence strategy for key EMEA business opportunities
- Works with key stakeholders to develop strategic selling opportunities focused on PPD Biotech EMEA -develops and leads regional client events focused on medical scientific topic under the PPD Biotech brand.
- Technical sales role partnering with business development giving client's access to Biotech focused drug development expertise thereby increasing our credibility and investment in this client segment. Attends and presents sponsor meetings, provides medicines and device development consultation to clients and project team members in direct support of sales efforts.
- Supports EMEA commercial objectives and shares a sales target with the head of PPD Biotech EMEA.
- Builds a strong scientific network within EMEA Biotech community.
- Broad remit over all therapeutic areas and interfaces effectively with key internal directorates including Operations, Biometrics, Regulatory, Pharmacovigilance, and Global Product Development to ensure the best proposals and plans are developed for clients.
- Ensures the proper level of drug development support is delivered in the award and execution process
- Promotes innovation and works with Medical Officer PPD Biotech to move PPD in a direction to be more efficient and effective with the EMEA Biotech client base
Medical Doctorate, PhD or medical qualification relevant to drug development or medical specialization required and commercialisation within the Biotech industry. Suitable experience in drug development (comparable to 10+ years). Substantial multidisciplinary drug development expertise of greater importance than scientific or medical qualification. Demonstrates a strong network and connectivity to EMEA Biotech and mid-size pharma market and key stakeholders (CMOs, senior development staff, and CSOs of such companies). Experience managing client relationships and working to commercial objectives is critical.
In some cases, an equivalency, consisting of a combination of appropriate education, training and/or directly related experience, will be considered sufficient for an individual to meet the requirements of the role. Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Commercial acumen and proven ability to establish productive revenue generating relationships with clients, internal and external stakeholders
- Experience in a client-facing commercial environment and in working toward a sales target
- Strong personal network within the EMEA Biotech community
- Thorough understanding of overall biologic/pharmaceutical product development process from pre-clinical through post-marketing, including all stages of development and all functional roles
- Therapeutic and indication-specific development expertise across one or more therapeutic areas and one or more drug classes
- Deep knowledge of clinical, regulatory and commercial landscape
- Strong decision-making and analytical skills
- Excellent communication and influencing skills
- Excellent organizational skills and detail-oriented leadership approach
- Ability to handle multiple issues on multiple projects simultaneously
The position can be based at any of our EMEA offices or home based (in a country when PPD has an office). It is a permanent role.
At PPD we hire the best, develop ourselves and each other, and recognise the power of being one team. We understand that you will want to grow both professionally and personally throughout your career, and therefore at PPD you will benefit from an award-winning learning and development programme, ensuring you reach your potential.
As well as being rewarded a competitive salary, we have an extensive benefits package based around the health and well-being of our employees. We have a flexible working culture, where PPD truly value a work-life balance. We've grown sustainably year on year but continue to offer a collaborative environment, with teams of colleagues eager to share expertise and have fun together. We are a global organisation but with a local feel.
- We have a strong will to win - We earn our customer's trust - We are gamechangers - We do the right thing -We are one PPD -
If you resonate with our five principles above, and ultimately wish to accelerate the delivery of safe and effective therapeutics for some of the world's most urgent health needs, then please submit your application - we'd love to hear from you.
If you are interested in learning more, please upload your resume online here.