PPD's mission is to improve health. It starts as an idea to cure. It becomes a life saved. All in-between, it's you! We know that meaningful results not only require the right approach, but also the right people. We invite you to re-imagine health promoting protocols with us, working alongside our talented, bright and energetic teams.
Envision a workplace where you have a direct impact on improving health, work alongside expert scientists, use newest technologies and collaborate with industry thought leaders and therapeutic experts. Welcome to PPD® Laboratories, where science is our passion, quality is our commitment and people are the cornerstone of our success.
PPD has an exciting opportunity to join us onsite at one of our clients in Stevenage, Hertfordshire as part of our innovative Functional Service Provider (FSP) programme, as an employee with PPD.
You will be dedicated to the client projects, working within their teams, systems and processes on behalf of PPD.
Vector Scientist - Client dedicated (20-month contract)
Our Cell and Gene Therapy Platform CMC team is a cross functional team covering vectorology, process development, analytical development, QC, supply chain operations/strategy. The team has aligned support from Quality, Regulatory and other functions. The team works in close partnership with cell and gene therapy discovery research capability (focussed on translation medicine, target biology/payload) and the therapy areas to provide the end-end capabilities required for the therapy areas.
The team will grow rapidly to enable delivery of a multiproduct pipeline and building a world-class capability in CMC/supply to ensure our client positioning as a leader in the gene therapy field. A critical part of this growth will be the formation of a specific formulation/delivery capability to support the cell and gene therapy platform.
Scope of Responsibility:
• Work within the team to support development work on a cancer immune-cell therapy program
• Design, execute, analyse and report experimental work for vector formulation development
• Work closely with vector and cell process development scientists to ensure formulations developed can be applied to the planned processes
• Provide analytical testing support to ongoing formulation and development stability studies.
• Reports to Team Leader, Formulation Dev, Cell & Gene Therapy Platform CMC
• BS and relevant experience in biology, biochemistry, gene/cell therapy, biopharmaceuticals, vaccines.
• Experience of working with Lenti-virus
• Experience of cell cryopresevation
• Understanding of clinical administration procedures, techniques and risks/challenges relevant to biological or cell products
• Motivated and fast learner with track record of working with new technologies
• Good communication and presentation skills
In addition to the basic qualifications the preference is that you also have:
• Experience in developing Lenti-virus.
• Experience in formulation development of either: biopharms, vaccines,vectors, cell products or novel small molecule platforms.
• Ability to plan and drive experiments internally and with external partners
• Demonstrate innovative thinking
• Hands-on experience with analytical techniques in studying viral vectors, cell based products, biopharms, or vaccines
• Experience with regulatory submissions and supporting regulatory interactions
• Understanding of cGMP guidelines
• Willing to learn: adapt to change quickly
• Drive performance: Holding yourself and the team accountable for delivering quality results
• Work across the boundaries: Work collaboratively with other line members within C> team and active communication with clinical development and other lines within PTS
When applying for this role, please use the 'cover letter' of the on-line application to describe how you meet the competencies required for this role, as outlined in the job requirements above.
The information that you have provided in your cover letter and CV will be used to assess your application.
What we offer:
At PPD we hire the best, develop ourselves and each other, and recognise the power of being one team. We understand that you will want to grow both professionally and personally throughout your career, and therefore at PPD you will benefit from an award-winning learning and development programme, ensuring you reach your potential.
- We have a strong will to win - We earn our customer's trust - We are gamechangers - We do the right thing -We are one PPD -
If you resonate with our five principles above, and ultimately wish to accelerate the delivery of safe and effective therapeutics for some of the world's most urgent health needs, then please submit your application - we'd love to hear from you.