My client is an exciting and growing start-up business in the field of synthetic Biology and is looking for a Scientist to join the team following another wave of funding.
Responsibilities will include:
- Working collaboratively within a small team specialized in stem cells science which is led by a principal scientist, by contributing to planning of experiments, execution and analysis of results
- Working closely with the wider R&D, tech transfer and project management teams to meet product launch timelines
- Participating in project development by presenting your research to internal stakeholders and external partners
- Are driven by scientific curiosity and a keen experimentalist with
- strong attention to detail, focus, self-discipline and a positive can-do attitude
- Enjoy tackling research challenges through critical thinking and
- inventiveness, demonstrating the highest scientific rigour and work standards.
- Have research experience that will allow you to prioritize, design, perform and report on experimental work independently.
- Are a strong team player who will enjoy working collaboratively and supportively.
- Are comfortable and used to working to tight timelines and managing workload and priorities.
- A PhD in the field of stem cell biology
- Experience working with Stem cells (Mammalian would be an advantage but not essential)
- Experience of some of the following techniques for molecular and functional characterisation of primary cells or in vitro differentiated stem cell-derived cells (e.g. RNA-seq, ATAC-seq, ChIP-seq, RT-qPCR, ICC, flow cytometry and cell-type-specific functional assays)
- Experience with overexpression of transgenes in mammalian systems
- Practical experience with 3D cell culture and co-culture methods