The Laboratory Site Leader will work closely with the Lab Managers and Operations Manager to ensure the efficient running of the laboratory and operations on site. The laboratory will run 24/7 and although this role will be a Monday – Friday day shift, flexibility is required.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Directly responsible for the overall management of the testing operation to include security, supply management and safety of all staff on site
- Manage all activities and outputs of the Testing Centre, ensuring the safety of all staff
- Collaborate with other Site Leaders to create a culture of continuous improvement, learning and sharing experiences
- Problem-solve and create solutions to complex problems
- Read and interpret directives and documentation issued
- Carry out instructions provided in a written, oral or diagram form
- Record keeping and ensuring safety regulations and procedures are adhered to
- Supervisory practices, training and motivating members of the team ensuring to provide support
- Timely preparation and submission of all reports and returns, as required
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree in biology or related scientific discipline with proven clinical molecular or infectious disease testing experience.
- Proven leadership experience
- 8-10 years exp
- Experience of running a high throughput testing laboratory or similar lifesciences laboratory
- Quality Assurance and Quality Control applications in clinical diagnostics with knowledge of ISO 15189/CAP accreditation.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a supportive nature
- Flexibility to change tasks as and when required
- Must be able to physically stand for several hours with good mobility
- Willingness to work in an outdoor environment
- Applicants must be computer literate with advanced levels of experience using the following: Excel, Word, PowerPoint to generate business reports and presentations
Multiple across England and Wales
12 month contract
ABOUT PLANET PHARMA
Planet Pharma is an American parented Employment Business/Agency that provides global staffing services with its head-quarters in Chicago and our EMEA regional office located in Central London. We have invested significantly in creating a robust international platform that enables us to work compliantly in 30+ countries with a current network of 2500+ active contractors globally as well as a very strong permanent / direct hire recruitment offering.
Our specialist knowledge and close relationships with our clients and the wider industry really makes us unique in our field. Just recently we were recognised by FORBES as the 17th best professional staffing firm, and have won multiple awards from industry accredited bodies for our commitment to excellence and service delivery. We have extensive functional expertise including: Regulatory Affairs, Pharmacovigilance, QA, QC, Submissions experts, Clinical development, Quality, Biostatistics, and Medical Affairs / Writing.
We are an equal opportunities Recruitment Business and Agency. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. Planet Pharma is an Employment Agency providing Global Staffing services.
- If you would like to discuss this vacancy further or to discuss your career options in confidence, please telephone on +44 (0)203 868 8607 or e-mail on email@example.com
- If this role isn’t suitable for you, please let us know if you can refer anyone – any recommendations are much appreciated! Planet Pharma offers a competitive referral scheme so you will be rewarded for your help!