PPD is a leading global contract research organization providing comprehensive, integrated drug development, laboratory and lifecycle management services. Our clients and partners include pharmaceutical, biotechnology, medical device, academic and government organizations. With offices in 48 countries and more than 23,000 professionals worldwide, PPD applies innovative technologies, therapeutic expertise and a firm commitment to quality to help clients and partners bend the cost and time curve of drug development to deliver life-changing therapies that improve health. For more information, visit www.ppdi.com.
We are vital links between an idea for a new medicine and the people who need it.. You will be joining a truly collaborative and winning culture as we strive to bend the time and cost curve of delivering life-saving therapies to patients.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our tax team on a 12 month FTC as a Senior Tax Accountant. This role will require you to be involved in many areas of tax but is focused on corporate tax across the group's European and Asia- Pacific companies including the UK.
- Preparation of complex UK group tax computations using Alphatax
- Preparation of complex tax notes for UK financial statements
- Main point of contact/coordination of the annual Senior Accounting Officer Review
- Maintaining UK corporate governance information and processes (e.g. CCO/Tax Strategy)
- Preparation of the UK RDEC claim
- Prepare overseas R&D tax credit claims for review by the AD Tax
- Calculation or review of corporate tax payments for all European and Asia-Pacific entities and responsibility for ensuring all corporate tax payments across the group are settled on time
- Review of externally prepared tax returns for foreign entities
- Keep abreast of tax developments in the territories in which we operate and advising of issues as they impact the business
- Assist the AD Tax with ad-hoc projects
ACA/ACCA/CTA qualified with 3+ years PQE in a tax role, ideally with in-house background. Skills and knowledge:
1. Good corporate tax compliance background
2. Strong communication skills and a good team ethic
3. Accurate with a good attention to detail
4. An individual who is enthusiastic and motivated, with a keen desire to broaden your skill set
5. Strong Microsoft Excel skills
6. Experience in Alphatax preferable
At PPD we hire the best, develop ourselves and each other, and recognise the power of being one team. We understand that you will want to grow both professionally and personally throughout your career, and therefore at PPD you will benefit from an award-winning learning and development programme, ensuring you reach your potential.
As well as being rewarded a competitive salary, we have an extensive benefits package based around the health and well-being of our employees. We have a flexible working culture , where PPD truly value a work-life balance. We've grown sustainably year on year but continue to offer a collaborative environment, with teams of colleagues eager to share expertise and have fun together. We are a global organisation but with a local feel.
-We have a strong will to win - We earn our customer's trust - We are gamechangers - We do the right thing -We are one PPD -
If you resonate with our five principles above, and ultimately wish to accelerate the delivery of safe and effective therapeutics for some of the world's most urgent health needs, then please submit your application - we'd love to hear from you. #LI-35803101_LS1