Head of QA / QP
Berkshire (some provision for home working)
Permanent, full time
£80,000 -£86,000 base salary
Are you an outstanding QA leader with an amazing track record of building and developing quality teams? Would you like to make a big impact on the value offered by the QA function in a global, niche pharma company?
I’m looking for someone who’s up for a challenge. This would mainly be focused on driving a change from a ‘good enough’ culture to a great, strategic, and truly valued QA asset.
The main purpose of the role would be to manage a small team of dedicated QA professionals and you’d have formal responsibility for hiring, developing, and performance management. You’ll be someone who has demonstrated the ability to inspire the best in people while leading from the front and demonstrating what great QA looks like. The QA team covers the full GXP span and the work will mainly be centered on GMP and GDP related activities.
Examples of some of the responsibilities include
- Leading the QA team in all aspects of their purpose and delivery ensuring that people are performing at their best and getting supported, recognised, and rewarded as they deserve.
- Defining and delivering a change in attitude from business-critical to truly adding value in terms of QA activities.
- Leading the development of a new QMS
- Acting as QP (expected that this would be 10-20% of the role.
- The full scope of QA activities would fall under your remit so you’d need to be happy to tackle anything QA related in terms of the function’s delivery.
These are fundamental, must have technical experience requirements for the role;
- An outstanding track record in formal QA leadership
- QP (and if at all possible) RP designation
- A ‘been there done that’ background in QA (specifically GMP / GDP) that would allow you to come at any QA challenge with some relevant experience.
Equally important are your personal qualities
- An inspiring leader who brings their team with them
- A positive, thoughtful contributor who’s capable of providing a solution, ideally before there’s a problem.
- A proactive mindset that lends itself to defining and delivering value.
This would be a great opportunity for a QP with solid leadership experience to take a step into a Head of function role. You’ll be respected and empowered to make the right choices for your team and the company.
The package on offer includes a good contributory pension, private medical cover, and the full range of normal company benefits including a performance-related bonus.
It’d be great to hear from you if you’d like to know more. You can do so by:
Applying to this ad (ideally)
Emailing Andrew.firstname.lastname@example.org or messaging through LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/in/andypjwise/