Quantics Biostatistics are much more than statisticians, we engage in a variety of complex client facing activities to solve real world challenges across the lifescience industry. Our primary expertise is providing statistical support for clinical, bioassay and health technology assessment projects. We are looking to grow our dynamic and international team. If you have programming experience in SAS with a PhD or MSc in Mathematics, Computer Science, or a related subject we can offer a diverse, challenging and rewarding career in a fast-growing company.
Quantics is not just a great place to work, our team enjoy varied and complex challenges and have the opportunity to grow through the development of new approaches to solving biomathematical problems.
We are based in the West End of Edinburgh, regularly voted as the UK’s most liveable city. Our offices overlook Edinburgh Castle, are close to the main city centre areas of George Street and Princes Street providing an excellent opportunity for a healthy work life balance, which we actively encourage.
The role is primarily to complete programming activities to support our clinical trials clients but will also include data preparation and analysis of clinical and other biomathematical data with medium to high complexity. Duties will include the creation of datasets, tables, listings and figures according to project specifications and industry standards.
You will use and develop your programming skills in a data driven environment. Your responsibilities will include:
- Development and documentation of programs used in the production of computer generated outputs for clinical study reports, registration and submission documents, plus any other document used to present clinical trials data, including specification and delivery of integrated databases, outputs and response to regulatory questions; commercialisation and reimbursements
- Development of standard methodology to improve quality, efficiency and effectiveness
You are focused on solving challenging problems through collaboration and partnerships. You are, or aspire to be, an expert in your field, and know the best results are achieved by utilising everyone’s strengths. You have:
- 1-2 Experience programming in Base SAS including writing SAS macros
- Ability to manipulate input data to produce analysis datasets
- Experience of programming tables, listings and figures output from clinical trial data
- A degree in Mathematics, Computer Science, Statistics, Life Sciences or similar area
- Great attention to detail
- CDISC standards knowledge
- A statistical background
- Programming in a clinical trials setting
This is a fantastic opportunity to develop your programming skills within a growing, specialist biomathematical services organisation. We welcome the right applicants from any industry with a willingness to develop their skills in our sector. You will receive continued support and a varied experience with complex and challenging projects enabling you to progress your career and personal development.
You will be a part of a diverse, dynamic and talented multi-national team gaining exposure to high profile, global studies for multiple international pharmaceutical and biotech clients.
- A supportive and constructive working environment
- A flexible approach to working
- A competitive salary and benefits package
- A generous and flexible holiday package
- A central Edinburgh location
- A fantastic international team to work and grow with
Please note that Visa sponsorship is not available with this role.