Title: Laboratory Information System (LIMS) Developer
Type: 12 Month Fixed-Term Contract
Location: Homebased - Occasional Visits to Newport or Leicestershire
A great opportunity to work on behalf of an innovative and global Service Provider for the Life Science Industry, alongside a collaborative team, with access to cutting-edge expertise and solutions.
- We are looking for an experienced developer who will be involved in the development of software solutions and web-based applications. The programmer will design, develop and test Lab Information System (LIS) and oversee the daily LIS activities. The programmer will be responsible for managing LIS, maintaining system, troubleshooting issues and providing solutions.
- Design, develop and test applications using ASP.Net, MSSQL Server and other related components.
- Manage SQL users and SQL jobs, set up and manage websites on Microsoft IIS server
- Build and manage inbound and outbound system interfaces and integration with third party platforms.
- Support and participate in Application Life Cycle Management processes such as defect tracking, build and deployment management, version control and continuous integration of new enhancements.
- Support maintenance and training of Laboratory Information System. Responsible for the day to day operations of the LIS.
- Working with multiple business stakeholders to gather user requirements and/or identifying system problems and analyzing, documenting, developing, and presenting recommended solutions to various audiences.
- Minimum Bachelor degree
- 3-5 years’ experience in developing and managing Laboratory Information System
- Proficient in ASP.Net, SQL and MSSQL Server
- Experience in managing webserver and SQL server administration
If you would like to discuss this vacancy further or to discuss your career options in confidence, please telephone on +44 (0)20 3928 8386.
If this role isn’t suitable for you, please let us know if you can refer anyone – any recommendations are much appreciated! Planet Pharma offers a competitive referral scheme so you will be rewarded for your help!