At Quantics Biostatistics we are much more than statisticians, we are engaged in a variety of complex client facing activities to help solve real world challenges across the lifescience industry. Our primary areas of expertise are providing statistical support for clinical, bioassay / bioanalytics and health technology assessment projects.
We are currently searching for a Senior Statistician/Project Manager to join our growing, dynamic and international team. If you have very strong mathematical / statistical skills with a PhD or MSc in a related subject we can offer you a diverse, challenging and rewarding career in a fast-growing company.
Quantics is not just a great place to work, our team enjoy a varied range of complex challenges and have the opportunity to learn and grow through the development of new approaches to solving biomathematical problems.
We are based in the West End of Edinburgh, regularly voted as the most liveable city in the UK. Our offices, which overlook Edinburgh Castle, are close to the main city centre areas of George Street and Princes Street which provide an excellent opportunity for a healthy work-life balance, which we actively encourage. A proportion of time working from home would be encouraged.
You will lead projects to provide high quality statistical support to our clients. Your technical work will be challenging and varied but will include:
- Working directly with our clients to provide clear statistical guidance for the design of pre-clinical and clinical trials
- Developing statistical analysis plan for pharmaceutical and medical device trials
- Assay development and validation plans for biologics
- Coordinating / contributing to the production of tables, figures and listings and analysis reports
- Designing and developing network meta analyses for health technology assessment
You will need to:
- Lead the core project management duties to deliver high quality projects in a timely and cost-effective manner:
- Draw on the resources of a team of people
- Balance workload across multiple projects with competing and shifting priorities
- Maintain a clear focus on project scope
- Ensuring that all statistical output is produced to the highest standard and in accordance with all relevant SOPs and regulatory standards
- Actively engage in knowledge and best practice sharing with colleagues
The successful candidate will have:
- Strong statistical skills enabling provision of statistical advice across a broad range of statistical applications including Bayesian statistics.
- MSc or PhD with statistical emphasis, or equivalent experience.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills, including the ability to communicate complex statistical issues clearly to non-statisticians.
- Good knowledge of and experience with SAS and/or R. Experience with BUGS/JAGS/Stan would also be helpful.
- Strong organisational, internal/external liaison and project management skills.
- Proven ability to lead projects and build client relations.
- An awareness and understanding of working in a regulated environment.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- A supportive and constructive working environment
- A flexible approach to working
- A competitive salary and benefits package
- A generous and flexible holiday package
- A central Edinburgh location in “Grade A” office accommodation
- A fantastic international team to work and grow with
This is a fantastic opportunity to continue to develop a statistics career within a growing organisation that specialises in biomathematical services. You will be provided with continued training and a varied experience with complex and challenging projects that will enable you to further progress your career and support your personal development.
You will be a part of a diverse, dynamic and talented multi-national team gaining exposure to high profile, global studies for multiple international pharmaceutical and biotech clients.