At AstraZeneca we are guided in our work by a strong set of values, and we're resetting expectations of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can be. By truly following the science, we pioneer new methods, new thinking and bring unexpected teams together. From scientists to sales, lab techs to legal, we're on a mission to turn ideas into life-changing medicines that transform lives. We need great people who share our passion for science and have the drive and determination to meet the unmet needs of patients around the world. If you're swift to action, confident to lead, willing to collaborate, and curious about what science can do, then you're our kind of person.
The Associate Data Management Leader is an entry level/training role in Clinical Data Management. Under the direction of an experienced Clinical Data Manager, ADML provides support as directed in the execution DM deliverables for a study during study start-up, study conduct and study close-out.
Under careful directions of an experienced Global Data Management Leader, duties include training and practicing in the following areas:
- Identifying and resolving issues related to DM deliverables by developing solutions
- Become knowledgeable about AZ and industry DM processes and standards, based on industry best practices
- Support activities against established DM timelines to ensure all DM Deliverables are delivered on time with the highest degree of quality for assigned studies under the guidance of an experience CRDM
- Works with vendors on query management under the guidance of an experience CRDM
- Minimum of a BS in life science or computer science degree
- Entry level of Clinical Research Data Management experience in the Biotech/Pharma/CRO industry
- Willingness to learn GCP, GCDMP and regulatory requirements as they relate to data management systems and activities
- Ability to work under direction and close supervision in a global team environment
- Good written and verbal communication skills - in English as well
- Good problem and conflict solving skills; high attention to detail and accuracy; good organizational and analytical skills
- Knowledge of clinical and pharmaceutical drug development process and database structures, data standards (CDISC) and practices as they apply to CRF design, database development, data handling and reporting
- Some knowledge of clinical data system design/development/validation and system interoperability