PPD's mission is to improve health. It starts as an idea to cure. It becomes a life saved. All in-between, it's you! We know that meaningful results not only require the right approach, but also the right people. We invite you to re-imagine health promoting protocols with us, working alongside our talented, bright and energetic teams.
Envision a workplace where you have a direct impact on improving health, work alongside expert scientists, use newest technologies and collaborate with industry thought leaders and therapeutic experts. Welcome to PPD® Laboratories, where science is our passion, quality is our commitment and people are the cornerstone of our success.
Due to further expansion of our site in Athlone, Ireland in 2020, we have a new opening for a Laboratory Supervisor
(known locally as Associate Group Leader) in our Small Molecules team. About the Laboratory Supervisor/Associate Group Leader position
PPD provides laboratory services that are designed to provide the best and highest level of service to our clients. Our lab employees are committed to quality results and strict compliance with regulatory standards.
The role of Associate Group Leader is to provide support to one of our laboratory groups who work with multiple pharmaceutical products and formulations including tablets and capsules (Small Molecules department).
You will achieve this by providing management and direction to laboratory staff and resources for project activities and needs, overseeing daily operations to monitor quality and project timeliness, and assist in preparation and implementation of company policies, quality systems and training programs. You will have ownership to ensure responsiveness to the client and overall client satisfaction. This position is lab based, with direct supervisory responsibilities of a small group of Scientists. Key responsibilities:
Qualifications:Skills and experience:
- Management of a team of analysts
- Allocation, scheduling and managing laboratory resources for group's project activities and updates LIMS for project status. Reviews timesheet reports for billing accuracy.
- Preparation, review and approval of study protocols, project status reports, final study reports and other project-related technical documents.
- Designing experimental study and participates in technical troubleshooting.
- Reviewing data for technical quality and compliance to protocols, methods and SOPs. Review and approve laboratory investigations, deviations, QA facility and data audits. Assists in client and regulatory authority audits.
- Responding to client questions and needs; leads client technical meetings.
- Assisting in preparation of proposals, project definition and pricing.
- Coordinating and prioritizing project activities with internal functional groups (physical testing, analytical development, microbiology, etc.) and support functions (QA, sample management, etc.)
- Assisting senior group leaders and/or managers in their responsibilities.
- Preparation and implementing SOPs and company operational policies. Ensuring adherence and making recommendations to quality system improvements.
- Educated to a Bachelor's Degree level in a relevant area, ie chemistry.
- Management experience in the pharmaceutical, biotech or analytical contract laboratory industries.
- Stability/QC/analytical R&D/project and program management.
- Direct supervision of technical staff.
- Full understanding of GMP requirements, ICH guidelines, EP and USP requirements and EMEA and FDA guidance's.
What we offer:
- Expertise in the application of various analytical instrumentation: HPLC, GCMS, LCMS, IC, AA, ICP
At PPD we hire the best, develop ourselves and each other, and recognise the power of being one team. We understand that you will want to grow both professionally and personally throughout your career, and therefore at PPD you will benefit from an award-winning learning and development programme, ensuring you reach your potential.
As well as being rewarded a competitive salary, we have an extensive benefits package based around the health and well-being of our employees. We have a flexible working culture, where PPD truly value a work-life balance. We've grown sustainably year on year but continue to offer a collaborative environment, with teams of colleagues eager to share expertise and have fun together. We are a global organisation but with a local feel.- We have a strong will to win - We earn our customer's trust - We are gamechangers - We do the right thing -We are one PPD -
If you resonate with our five principles above, and ultimately wish to accelerate the delivery of safe and effective therapeutics for some of the world's most urgent health needs, then please submit your application - we'd love to hear from you. *LI-VK1