108,000! That's the number of associates whose lives we touch and improve. Join us in our mission to protect our people, patients and planet. As part of the Novartis Health, Safety and Environment team, this is a new role waiting for you to bring your best self and make change happen.
The primary purpose of this role is to lead the Global Occupational Health Programme at Novartis, providing expertise, guidance and direction in the areas of Occupational Health, Ergonomics and Public Health Programmes (e.g. Pandemic preparedness)
In addition, the role may also support the Regional HSE Teams and facilitate the implementation of the Global HSE Strategy by providing expertise and guidance to regional and site management in all Novartis organizations in the EMEA region as well as providing global direction on various Health, Safety or Environmental topics.
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Occupational health - review and improve on Novartis' Occupational Health strategies, helping to shape our OH strategies and OH clinic strategies. This may involve building networks of regional/global providers.
• Spearhead our ergonomics program, supporting sites in region on ergonomics issues and developing the global program for ergonomics in collaboration with our external Real Estate partner.
• Public health - Continue to drive our public health-related programs (e.g. pandemic plans) and support from the medical perspective during emergencies, whether at the site, country or global level.
• Continue to monitor trends and to prepare Novartis to be ready to respond to emerging diseases
• Supports the implementation of the wider Global HSE Strategy in the EMEA region
• Acts as subject matter expert in the area of Occupational Health and, potentially other HSE areas.
• Guides site leadership on compliance requirements internally and externally
• Advises the Global HSE Team and Regional HSE Head on local context and potential HSE challenges and opportunities
• Leverages subject matter experts and other generalists to deliver the required result, and quality of support
• Influences leaders and associates within the Region to embed HSE in the Novartis culture
• Establishes a strong and effective network and connection with site leadership, on-site HSE teams and external partners.
What you'll bring to the role:
Degree in Occupational Health, Medicine, Workplace Safety with a specialization/post-graduate degree in Public Health
Occupational Health specialist with demonstrated experience in:
• Developing, leading & implementing and improving an occupational health strategy across a large company at regional or global level
• running a global network of external occ. health/medical clinics and professionals
• identifying vendors and negotiating global contracts for Occ. Health/medical clinics and programs (executives contracts, and companywide)
• rolling out and maintaining Ergonomics program
Public Health specialist with demonstrated experience in:
• preparing and executing pandemic plans
• executing and managing infectious disease outbreaks in a large scale company setting including managing upper management communications
• translating scientific data (e.g. OEL/PDE, toxins in the environment) to meaningful actions
• collaboration in BCM situations
Competitive salary, Annual bonus, Pension scheme, Share scheme, Health insurance, 25 days annual leave, Flexible working arrangements, subsidized dining facilities, Employee recognition scheme, learning and development opportunities.
Why consider Novartis?
799 million. That's how many lives our products touched in 2019. And while we're proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people's lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you're given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you're empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you're surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world's toughest medical challenges.
Imagine what you could do at Novartis!
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Novartis embraces diversity, equal opportunity and inclusion. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration, and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
Novartis are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons
Join our Novartis Network: If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to learn more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network
Novartis Ireland Ltd. has been certified as a Top Employer 2020 by the Top Employers Institute for its exceptional employee offerings!
#LI-NOV = Novartis