UBC is looking for an experienced analytical individual, who with their knowledge and judgment can help grow a company. This individual will work across all Segments of the company supporting multiple different service lines, engaging with internal and external stakeholders and be a valued resource for decision making discussions. As part of their responsibilities this individual will monitor the progress of revenue projects, including investigating variances, reviewing expenses, and ensuring that project billings are issued to customers and payments collected.Primary Duties and Accountabilities:
- Lead team of other analysts on projects that will help minimize risk and maximize financial gain
- Create project accounts in the accounting system
- Correspond with project managers and maintain project-related records, including contracts and change orders
- Authorize access to project accounts
- Authorize the transfer of expenses into and out of project-related accounts
- Create PO’s for suppliers
- Review supplier invoices related to a project
- Review time sheets for work related to a project
- Preparing of forecasts and budgets related to projects
- Investigate project variances and submit variance reports to FP&A Manager
- Confer with receivables staff regarding unpaid contract billings
- Report on project profitability to management
- Report to management on any opportunities for additional billings
- Report to management regarding the remaining funding available for projects
- Create all project-related billings to customers
- Investigate all project expenses not billed to customers
- Respond to requests for more detail from customers
- Report to management any write-offs of any project-related billings that cannot be billed to or collected from customers
- Close out project accounts upon project completion
- Liaise with corporate accounting for revenue project analysis and reporting, including key performance indicators, customer concentrations, etc.
- Provide information to support period-end revenue accrual journal entries
- Compile information for internal and external auditors, as required
- This is an individual contributor position that works independently with only general direction, relying on knowledge skills and judgment acquired through education and relevant experience to plan and accomplish assigned tasks and goals. The position will mentor less experienced colleagues.
- Position requires routine interaction with key internal and external stakeholders, executives, directors, managers and staff across the organization.
- May require working extended hours and/or shift work to support business operations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business and 8-10 years related business experience, or in lieu of Bachelor’s degree, a minimum of 12-15 years relevant business experience is required.
- Comprehensive understanding of applicable standards, methods, processes and practices, business fundamentals, and performance metrics in the specific functional area supported by this position
- Advanced proficiency in standard software applications (e.g., Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Project), specialized business technologies and applications (e.g., JDE, Hubble, ADP, etc.) to retrieve and analyze data in support of business needs.
- Ability to provide in-depth analysis and apply accounting concepts, forecasting, staff planning, scheduling, analytical and statistical problem solving.
- Demonstrated strong analytical skills for project evaluation including analysis of complex projects with economic, financial, risk and decision analysis. Proficient in business case development and ability to effectively present business cases to business unit leadership.
- Customer driven with good oral and written communications skills and strong analytical, problem solving and project management skills.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the practices, procedures and principles of performance analysis (trending, root cause and gap analysis) benchmarking and audit compliance. Ability to analyze organizational data and complex problems, interpret and recommend alternative courses of action, and implement intervention strategies to attain performance targets.
- MBA or relevant advanced degree.
- Lead development, implementation, and evaluation of projects, programs, and/or business initiatives.
- Manage scope, schedule, and budget for organizational projects and programs.
- Strong financial acumen
- Coordinate and report on process/project/initiative assignments.
- Develop performance indicators and tracking mechanisms to monitor and report results.
- Prepare, review, and analyze reports, controls, and other financial & operational information for specific projects and initiatives.
United BioSource Corporation (UBC) is a leading provider of pharmaceutical support services, partnering with life science companies to make medicine and medical products safer and more accessible. Our services support the full lifecycle of medicine and medical products, including development, commercialization, and long-term value and safety.
While UBC offers employment within Patient Support, Nursing, Pharmacy and Corporate, two main focus areas for the company are Clinical Development & Research and Safety & Risk Management. Members of the Clinical Development and Research teams help evaluate study protocol, target study population, recruit physicians and patients, and collect, clean, validate and report data. As a result, sponsors are able to submit findings to regulatory authorities or make a no-go decision in a timely and clear-cut manner. Additionally, our Safety and Risk Management teams develop, deliver, and report evidence to reinforce safe and appropriate product use.
Through our Patient Access services, we help patients begin therapy quickly and remain on therapy, building strong relationships with patients to ensure optimal care.
You can find out more by visitingwww.ubc.com