Are you passionate about training and developing people?
Are you a Home Office personal licence holder?
Do you have experience as an Animal Technician?
Then we are looking for you!
Covance are currently recruiting for a Training Officer at our site in Eye.The main role of this position is to support the training of staff involved with live animal work.Working as part of a team, the training officer will develop training material, provide direct training and assess competence across the department of Laboratory Animal Technologies.They will also support the development, introduction and publication of new procedures/techniques/technologies.
Duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Providing classroom, group and on-the-job training
- Identifying training needs and producing supporting training materials and structured lesson plans to support the training of staff in routine procedures
- Devising and developing new techniques and supporting the development of competencies in others to implement new techniques
- Monitoring the completion of training records
- Managing the on-boarding of new hires in LAT including weekend working staff
- Supporting the delivery of IAT qualifications
- Home office personal licence holder - beneficial but not essential
- Ideally you will have a Level 3 Education/Training qualification, however this is not essential.
- Ideally you will have a Level 3 IAT qualification, however this is not essential.
- Demonstrable practical and technical skills in an animal house environment
- Experience in a similar role is beneficial, however this is not mandatory.
- The ability to work well as part of a team and autonomously