A global healthcare communications agency is seeking a Principal Medical Writer to join their team in Cheshire.
This role is an amazing opportunity for an experienced Senior Medical Writer to step up into a management position, to oversee junior members of the team and provide coaching support.
You would be working on a range of deliverables on meetings and materials for medical affairs including some publications; and across a range of therapy areas including inflammation, diabetes, oncology and neurology.
The agency offers an engaging and welcoming environment as well as benefits such as 22 days holiday per annum, life assurance, pension plan, discretionary annual bonus, discounted gym membership, season ticket loan and more.Responsibilities:
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Provide insight and assist in the development of editorial projects
- Write and edit materials of a high quality for client projects ensuring compliance to regulatory authorities and company policy
- Oversee the work of junior team members, ensuring scientific accuracy and that it is completed to client specifications, within allocated times and to budget
- Develop and maintain a current understanding of therapy areas, keep up to date with scientific research and competitor intelligence
- Seek additional opportunities to develop skills in research, writing, and IT as well as knowledge of specialized therapeutic areas
- Attend on- and off-site meetings to produce meeting reports and other materials for clients
- Life science degree
- Significant previous medcomms agency writing experience
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Organisational and time management skills
- Previous mentoring or line management experience
This is a great role to develop yourself within a management position and to take on client facing responsibilities! Feel free to reach out to Jon Gawley on 01932 797996 to discuss this role further.
ID Search & Selection has been successfully placing candidates in healthcare communications jobs for over 15 years. Along the way we’ve built many long term relationships with candidates and clients. We’re now trusted recruitment partners to many leading companies, big, small, network and independent.
Our consultants are knowledgeable and professional and will be happy to offer information and advice. We are with you every step of the way, providing a supportive and communicative service that we will tailor to your unique needs.
If you feel that this is not quite the role for you, but are looking for something similar, please feel free to reach out as we would be happy to have a chat.