Scientific Programme Manager – Pharmaceutical Care & Anti-Counterfeiting
- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
Are you a dedicated scientific manager with experience in the field of medicinal products or falsification of medical products and similar crimes? Can you manage projects efficiently and deliver results while at the same time developing and building teams and relationships? Are you able to communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders? If so, our job offer may be the right opportunity for you. If chosen, you will be a major actor in projects related to the falsification of medical products and the MEDICRIME Convention.
The main responsibilities of the job:
- coordinating and ensuring the technical and scientific secretariat of assigned intergovernmental committees, groups of experts and working parties and to their chairs in respect of work programmes and activities;
- organising, managing and/or monitoring projects in the above-mentioned areas, in particular those related to the MEDICRIME Convention in close collaboration with other Council of Europe directorates; evaluating ongoing and completed programmes;
- carrying out background studies, researching and analysing information in areas of technical or scientific expertise; updating relevant databases;
- assisting and advising scientific experts, representatives of member states and members of committees, guiding their work, promoting progress and facilitating consultations and exchanges of views to find common solutions; reviewing the appropriateness of documents submitted by experts from industry, academia and/or any relevant authorities;
- drafting and/or coordinating the development of study reports, model approaches, legal instruments, guidance documents, publications, while ensuring their quality; presenting progress and final results to the relevant groups;
- promoting activities at external events and sharing knowledge by organising and participating in EDQM training sessions, workshops and conferences;
- contributing to the elaboration and management of the budget allocated to the activities and closely monitoring expenditure and identifying appropriate measures and adjustments.
What we look for in someone to undertake this role effectively:
- higher education degree in pharmacy, chemistry, biology, forensic science, public health or other relevant scientific field;
- a minimum of 4 years of relevant professional experience in public health/policy-related domains, preferably in the field of combatting counterfeit/falsified medical products, gained either in the pharmaceutical or medical device industry or a Competent Authority (for example a licensing authority, an OMCL or a national pharmacopoeia authority) or an analogous organisation;
- very good knowledge of one of the official languages (English) and knowledge of the other (French);
- hold the nationality of one of the 47 Council of Europe member states.
What we offer:
- the opportunity to work for a leading international organisation in the field of public health protection;
- the chance to work in a multinational/multicultural workplace – over 20 nationalities work at the EDQM which is situated in the European quarter of Strasbourg;
- highly competitive, income tax free salaries - monthly salary from € 6 220  (for an A2 grade), an attractive benefits package including health insurance and additional allowances such as family and expatriation allowances (as appropriate).
Applications must be submitted by 27/08/2020 (midnight Central European Time) at the latest.
For more information on how to apply, please click the ‘Apply’ button.
 Gross, as of 1 January 2020