Our client is a pioneer in Drug Discovery and Development. As the world`s largest R&D spender in the pharmaceutical domain, they work in a vast number of drug discovery & therapeutic areas and are highly recognized internationally. A leader in the field of manufacturing and selling of several drugs with treatment of Cancer. We are currently looking for an enthusiastic Associate Scientist for a two year contract to be based in Basel .
As an ideal candidate you will have at least 3 years of experience with flow cytometry, ability to design multicolour flow cytometry panels (at least 8 colours), a strong background in Immunology and experience supporting clinical studies.
- Plans, develops, performs and monitors complex flow cytometry experiments internally and at contracted laboratories and academic partners, applying high scientific standards within the context of multicenter clinical studies;
- Responsibility for designing and establishing experimental protocols, processing raw data, creating or reviewing reports to support the clinical biomarker team;
- Provide training to external partners for implementation of flow cytometry assays. Assist (locally or remotely) our external partners with instrument and method troubleshooting;
- Presentation of results within the department, to collaborators. Strong time management skills to prioritize and meet tight deadlines in a matrix environment;
- Drive for results (demonstrates interest and ability to learn new things, takes initiative, welcomes problems as challenges, finds solutions to technical problems, persists in the face of adversity);
- Proactively identify opportunities to pioneer innovative and flexible solutions within day-to-day activities in support of the clinical biomarker strategy;
Qualifications and Experience:
- Relevant Swiss working/residency permit or Swiss/EU-Citizenship required;
- At least 3-5 years working experience with flow cytometry, with a thorough knowledge and experience working with different flow cytometry platforms (Becton Dickinson and Beckman Coulter), analysing and interpreting flow cytometry data (FlowJo, FACSDiva, Spotfire);
- Able to plan, develop and evaluate assays;
- Extensive knowledge of immunology;
- Minimum Bachelor in Life Science;
- Ability to independently design multicolour flow cytometry panels (minimum 8 colour);
- Previous demonstrated experience in integrating biomarkers into clinical trials is beneficial and basic knowledge of applicable clinical research monitoring is a plus;
- Effective communication, good trouble-shooting and scientific writing skills are essential;
- Expertise in biomarker method validation and Good Clinical Laboratory Practice.