Our leading pharmaceutical company client is looking for an Associate Scientist with extensive experience in Flow Cytometry & Immunology.
You will be part of a team supporting clinical cell-based biomarker implementation in indications where immune cells play a disease relevant role. You will directly contribute to early drug development with your expertise in immunology, flow cytometry and applied cellular biomarker measurement in clinical trials.
The ideal candidate will support design and implementation of assays involving flow cytometry based detection of cellular biomarkers in different biological samples (blood and cerebrospinal fluid). The position also requires working in close partnership with clinical teams among other functions to enable clinical site-selection and implementation of flow-cytometry biomarker analysis. As appropriate, you will evaluate innovative technologies, laboratories, collaborators and workflows, striving to apply the best approach to address the intended biological questions.
The perfect candidate is someone with strong experience in flow cytometry from various platforms, able to design, plan and evaluate assays and perform data analysis. Someone with experience in clinical trials (contact with CROs, principal investigator, sites) would be really ideal.
This person will have to be independent and able to self-manage.
* Start date: August
* Latest start date: September (1 month notice)
* End date: 2 years duration
* Extension: Possible
* Work location: Basel
* Workload: 100%
* Team: Around 6 people
* Department: Immunosafety and Protein Biomarkers (PNBP)
* Max. Budget: max 65 chf. Per hour.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
* Plans, develops, performs and monitors complex flow cytometry experiments internally and at contracted laboratories and academic partners, applying high scientific standards within the context of multicenter clinical studies.
* Responsibility for designing and establishing experimental protocols, processing raw data, creating or reviewing reports to support the clinical biomarker team.
* Provide training to external partners for implementation of flow cytometry assays. Assist (locally or remotely) our external partners with instrument and method troubleshooting.
* Presentation of results within the department, to collaborators.
* At least 3-5 years working experience with flow cytometry, with a thorough knowledge and experience working with different flow cytometry platforms (Becton Dickinson and Beckman Coulter), analysing and interpreting flow cytometry data (FlowJo, FACSDiva, Spotfire) (****)
* Able to plan, develop and evaluate assays (****)
* Extensive knowledge of immunology (****)
* Min Bachelor in Life Science related (****)
* Ability to independently design multicolour flow cytometry panels (minimum 8 colour)
* Previous demonstrated experience in integrating biomarkers into clinical trials is beneficial and basic knowledge of applicable clinical research monitoring is a plus.
* Effective communication, good trouble-shooting and scientific writing skills are essential.
* Expertise in biomarker method validation and Good Clinical Laboratory Practice.
Nice to haves:
* 3 to 5 years' experience working in clinical trials, principal investigator, CROs, site monitoring (****)
* Knowledge and/or working experience with neurology is highly appreciated