Senior Director, Business Development
- Experience Level
Premier Research helps highly innovative biotech and specialty pharma companies transform life-changing ideas into reality. We have positioned ourselves right in the middle of the action, targeting unmet needs in analgesia, neuroscience, oncology, pediatrics, and rare diseases.
Working at Premier Research means being an individual - you will be recognized for what you do and you will truly have an impact. You will be working in a friendly environment with colleagues who are genuinely supportive regardless of location or seniority.
Premier Research is on an exciting journey - there is a true buzz throughout the company, so come and be part of it!
We are looking for a Senior Director, Business Development to join our growing team in Singapore! This will be a permanent opportunity and ideally we are looking for someone to work office based. You will be the first Business Development Director and will eventually move into a Team Leader role for the APAC region!
In this role, you will have account management responsibility for several key accounts, leading the client relationship process and working with clinical operations through development of strategic client solutions resulting in acquisition of new business. You will also be tasked with developing new business.
As the team in APAC grows, you will serve as a senior resource to all Account Managers working across all therapeutic areas, leveraging client contacts/relationships and expertise.
- Maintain account management responsibility for several key accounts, including direct account management and targeted client interactions to sell the services of the company
- Support Account Managers and Operations through development of strategic client solutions
- Formulate account strategies and tactics with other Account Managers and therapeutic leaders, including generation of RFPs and client presentations
- Generate new business for Singapore
- Ensure the quality of proposals through review on a selected basis for assigned accounts and others
- Support international client activities through collaboration with Premier Research operation teams and collaborative European partners
- Take on team leader responsibilities as the APAC BD team grows
EDUCATION, SKILLS & COMPETENCIES:
Educational Background and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in scientific discipline (MBA preferred)
- Proven Business Development sales/account management experience in the CRO industry is required
- Some management experience helpful
- Demonstrated understanding of Phase I through Phase IV drug development
Personal skills & behaviours
- Excellent communication skills (interpersonal, written, verbal)
- Fluency in English is required. Mandarin would be a bonus
- Experienced negotiation skills
- Formal presentation skills
- Ability to perform overnight business travel, up to 50%
- Excellent persuasive/selling skills
You must be eligible to live and work in Singapore (be a permanent resident of Singaporean national) in order to apply for this role.
If this role sounds of interest, then please click 'apply'!
KEY WORDS: Business Development, Sales, Director, Senior Director, APAC, Asia Pacific, CRO, Contract Research Organization, Team Leader, Singapore, Permanent
Apply for Senior Director, Business Development
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly